Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships
The S.V. Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships in Natural Resource Economics and Political Economy will be awarded for the 2010-2011 academic year to support advanced research at the University of California, Berkeley.
For the purposes of this fellowship, natural resources are defined broadly to include environmental resources.
The fellowship encourages, but is not limited to, policy-oriented research. Applications are open to scholars from any social science discipline, and related professional fields such as law and planning, who will make significant contributions to research on natural resource economics broadly defined.
Preference will be given to proposals whose orientation is broadly institutional and / or historical, and which are conceptually and theoretically innovative. Proposals with a primarily statistical or econometric purpose are not eligible for consideration.
Two types of awards are available :
1. A one-year postdoctoral award with a salary of $54,192, renewable for a second year. It is expected that the applicant will possess a doctorate or equivalent conferred within the past five years. Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed as UC employees and are governed by the UC Policy on Postdoctoral Scholars located here.
2. A one-year award with a salary of $54,192 to support a professional or sabbatical leave from an academic or professional position, without option to renew. Applicants for visiting scholar fellowships must have received their doctorate or equivalent within the last ten years.
Applicants must provide documentation of the home institution’s or agency’s concurrence of their leave. Visiting Research Fellows are appointed as UC employees and are governed by the UC Policy on Visiting Appointments located here.
Both types of fellowships include $2,000 toward research-related expenses and one-way economy airfare to Berkeley for each fellow and his/her immediate family.
Application Procedure :
A complete application consists of the following :
- A one paragraph abstract
- A research proposal not to exceed 10 pages
- Curriculum vitae
- Verification of degree
- One or more recent publications
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with the candidate’s research
- Indication of preferred departmental affiliation and/or faculty mentor for the fellowship tenure
- Specification of type of award: postdoctoral or sabbatical.
- Applicants for the Visiting Research Fellowship must include a statement from their home institution concurring with the leave of absence for the duration of the fellowship term.
Application deadline for Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships : December 10, 2010