2012 Research Fellowship in Columbia University
Earth Institute and Lamont – Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University offers Research Fellowship for Junior and Mid – Career Women Scientist in Earth sciences USA ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Earth Sciences.
Course Level : Research.
Scholarship Provider : Earth Institute / Lamont – Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University.
Scholarship can be taken at : USA.
Eligibility for University of Columbia Research Fellowship 2012 :
- Columbia University Research Fellowship award is open to Junior and Mid – Career Scientists in the Earth Sciences.
- Postdoctoral scholars are not eligible.
- Faculty and Scientists at Columbia University are not eligible.
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD at the time of Columbia University Research Scholarship application.
Columbia University Research Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, Columbia University Research Scholarship is not available for International Students.
University of Columbia Research Scholarship Description :
- Marie Tharp was a pioneer of modern oceanography. She came to Columbia in ( 1948 ) to the Lamont Geological Observatory ( now Lamont – Doherty Earth Observatory ) where she began work on mapping the ocean #oor.
- Years later, satellite images proved her maps to be accurate.
- Her work is still a foundation for research and education in the ocean sciences.
Columbia University Research Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- Columbia University Research Scholarships should be applied by Post.
University of Columbia Research Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 : 31st March, 2012.