Commercial Helicopter Rating Scholarship
In answer to the Helicopter Industry’s need for qualified Pilots, and in an effort to attract new talent to the industry, the Helicopter Foundation International is sponsoring Four Commercial Helicopter Pilot Scholarships.
The HFI Board of Directors has appointed a Selection Committee to select the scholarship winners.
Up to four (4) Scholarships of $5,000 each may be awarded.
Deadline for submitting an application is November 30, 2010. Scholarships will be awarded in February 2011.
Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the school upon award of commercial certificate.
Please answer questions completely. The application must be typed or legibly handwritten and all the questions must be answered. Incomplete application packages will be rejected.
Neatness, completeness and accuracy do count. Additional pages requested must be supplied.
An electronic form of the application is preferred. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If mailed, application must be postmarked by November 30, 2010. International applications must be postmarked no later than November 30, and received at HFI by December 10, 2010. Mail to HFI Scholarships, 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Must be enrolled and attending an FAA Part 141 or International Equivalent certified program. See HFI website at http://www.helicopterfoundation.org/ or call 703-302-8444;
- Proof of enrollment in the helicopter training program;
- A clear copy of any and all FAA or International Equivalent Certificate(s);
- A current resume;
- Three current letters of recommendation from individuals such as employers, flight instructors, or others within the industry who can attest to your background, training and experience as it relates to the aviation industry.
- Two references (e.g., employers, professional or community organizations);
- A summary of 300 words or more describing why you want to be a Helicopter Pilot;
- A letter from your school certifying that they are an FAA certified Part 141 school or international equivalent.
- International applicants must also provide proof of foreign citizenship.