David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship, USAScholarships » USA »
David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship, USA
Fellowship for International Students
The LBI announces the availability of one fellowship per year for academics affiliated with an accredited institution of higher education.
The Memorial Fellowship provides financial assistance to scholars whose research projects are connected with the writings of Professor David Baumgardt or his scholarly interests, including Ethics, Wissenschaft des Judentums and the Modern Intellectual History of German – speaking Jewry.
The David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship consists of an award, not exceeding $ 3000, to be determined according to the requirements of the project and, in principle, requires extensive use of the facilities of the LBI in New York, particularly the David Baumgardt Collection.
The David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship should be used by the end of the year in which it was granted. Support for travel or family members is not available. The stipend will be paid in monthly installments.
- Applications for the David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship must be submitted in writing not later than November 1. Decisions will be announced in January. No reason for the decision will be given.
- An application consists of:
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Description of the Research Project
- A Financial Plan
- Evidence of Highest Degree Obtained
- Evidence of Enrollment in a Ph.D. Program
- Doctoral Candidates only :
- Official Transcripts (Graduate and Undergraduate Work)
- Two Letters of Recommendation, one by their doctoral advisor and one by another scholar familiar with their work
- Post – Doctoral Candidates only : Two Letters of recommendation from scholars in the field.
- All materials requested above (except for official transcripts) must be submitted in quadruplicate.
- The David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship holders agree to submit a brief report on their research activities upon conclusion of their fellowships.
Application deadline : November 1 2010.