Emerge Scholarship 2013 – 14
The Emerge Scholarship program has awarded nearly a quarter of a million dollars in scholarships since its founding year, 2001. While each year hundreds of applicants apply for the scholarships, we are only able to recognize a small number of winners.
The selection committee is focused on identifying special women – non – traditional students whose education was delayed or interrupted, individuals with a vision to succeed regardless of any obstacles that life has put in their way. We are especially interested in recognizing women who give back to their communities and whose goals and desires for education align with their passions.
Additionally, preference is given to women who are pursuing their educational endeavors in the state of Georgia. This may include women who are returning to school after a hiatus, changing careers, seeking advancement in their career or work life, and stay – at – home moms entering the work place and in need of additional education / training.
Emerge scholarship is not intended for recent high school graduates or women who are eligible for or who have already received other significant financial aid. Emerge Scholarship Information The money provided by the Emerge scholarship may only be used to pay for tuition and fees at the educational institution. The scholarship check will be made out directly to the institution with instructions to only apply the funds to the student’s current account to pay for school tuition and fees.
If awarded, your Emerge scholarship funds will be available as of March 2013 and may be paid towards tuition, books and fees from that time until Fall 2017, or until the full Emerge scholarship funds are used. The exact amount of each scholarship and the total number of Emerge scholarships to be awarded will vary from year to year ( 11 Emerge scholarships were awarded in 2012 ). The approximate value of each award for 2013will be ₹ 2,000 – ₹ 5,000 ( amount is subject to change ).
Eligibility for Emerge Masters Scholarship 2013 – 14
- Emerge Scholarship applicants must be accepted into a program of study at an educational institution, as evidenced by a proof of acceptance either an acceptance letter OR a current school transcript.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age as of the date of the postmark of the application.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, and / or physical impairment.
- Applicants must complete the application form and essay requirement and must mail all required materials to the address provided. All materials being submitted for an applicant ( signed application, recommendation letters and program acceptance letter or current transcripts ) must be submitted in one package.
- All material related to an applicant must note the applicant’s name and email address. The application package must be postmarked no later than, 29th September, 2012. ( Saturday ) No exceptions will be made.
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided; therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete Emerge Scholarship applications will not be considered.
- Emerge Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on a number of criteria, including financial need, other funding received, career / life goals, essay content, leadership and participation in community activities, and honors and awards received.
- Only a select number of applicants will be chosen as recipients. ” Recipients will be announced by 20th December, 2012. Please check website : www.emerge scholarships.org after that date for a list of recipients.Due to the large number of applications received, only recipients will be notified.
- Acceptance of a Emerge scholarship award constitutes permission for Emerge to use the recipient’s name,biographical information, and photo for publicity purposes.
- Recipients of Emerge scholarships will be responsible for any and all taxes that apply to receipt of a scholarship under the law of their state of residence. Applicants should check with the appropriate state agency or with an accountant or lawyer specializing in tax questions. Emerge cannot answer questions about taxes.
- Board members of Emerge or employees of Emerge are not eligible for a receipt of a scholarship,nor are relatives of board members or employees of Emerge.
- The 2013 Emerge scholarship will be presented and winners recognized at an awards luncheon on 26th February, 2013 in the metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area. Each scholarship recipient is asked to attend the awards luncheon. Travel arrangements will be made by Emerge, and all expenses associated with travel and lodging will be paid by Emerge.
- All materials submitted become the property of Emerge and will not be returned to the applicant.
- Emerge Scholarship applicants for domestic scholarships must be a current resident of the United States ( including Puerto Rico ), or a U.S. citizen living abroad who is applying for study at an educational facility located within the United States.
- Foreign nationals living in the United States who have a green card and who plan to study within the United States may also apply. Emerge does not award scholarships for study outside of the United States.
- Emerge provides international scholarships for study under the auspices of educational institutions and organizations that are equipped to properly screen and sponsor students who do not reside in the United States.
- Emerge scholarships are awarded only to international students who will be studying at educational facilities located within the United States. At this time we do not accept direct applications from international students; students will be referred to us by the institutions and organizations that will sponsor them.
Emerge Scholarship Selection Procedure 2013 – 14
- Financial Need ( based upon employment, family contribution, other scholarship funding, other income, etc )
- Personal Vision ( alignment of goals with life journey )
- Service to Community
- Future Plans, how the applicant plans to apply her education Emerge is looking for special scholarship recipients who will use this opportunity and the education that they receive to better themselves and to help others around them.
Emerge Scholarship Application Form 2013 – 14
- Answer all application questions and include all documentation ( signed application, recommendation letters, school acceptance letter, and your essay ).
- Submit the Emerge Scholarship application and documentation in one package sent via U.S. mail, UPS, FedEx or other postal delivery.
- Do not send binders, DVDs, cassettes, transcripts, or any other extraneous materials that are not specifically requested by the Emerge scholarship committee.
- Emerge Scholarship applications for 2014 awards will be accepted from 1st June, 2013 to 31st October, 2013.
Emerge Scholarship Application Deadline 2013 – 14
All Emerge Scholarship application packages must be postmarked no later than 31st October, 2013. Emailed applications and incomplete Emerge Scholarship applications will not be considered.
Emerge Scholarship Awards will be posted on 20th December, 2013 at website : www.emerge scholarships.org.
Mail your Emerge Scholarships application to following address
Emerge Scholarships, Inc.
3525 Piedmont Road
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.