Executive Fellowship Program 2011-2012
Study Subject : Public Policy and Administration
Employer : California State University
Level : Executive Level
Executive Fellowship Program is jointly sponsored by the Center for California Studies at California State University, Sacramento and the Office of the Governor.
The goal of the program is to facilitate a unique pragmatic learning experience for bright, talented and dedicated individuals by bridging academia with professional practice.
The program also aims to inspire effective and ethical public leadership for California and promote an appreciation for the complexity, value and rewards of public service.
Executive Fellows function as full-time professional staff in high levels of government and complete graduate seminars in Public Policy & Administration. They work on a variety of projects dealing with the development and implementation of public policy.
Assignments range from research and writing to developing and implementing legislation to playing a part in the agendas of executive staff.
Maturity, initiative, ?exibility, strong communication skills as well as interpersonal and professional skills are paramount abilities needed for success in placements.
Underlying these skills is the motivation and commitment to public service and interest in learning about leadership and government in California.
In order to complete a recommendation, please do the following :
- Complete the applicant evaluation section (see next page).
- Write a letter to the selection committee. Letter must be on letterhead.
- Seal the letter and evaluation form in an envelope addressed to the Executive Fellowship Program and sign the back ?ap.
- Return the envelope (form and letter sealed inside) to the applicant. The applicant will submit your sealed recommendation to us directly.
- If there is no way to comply with this step, mail the letter directly to the program (Executive Fellowship Program, Sacramento State, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6081).
Fellowship Application Deadline for Executive Fellowship Program : February 23, 2011