Frederick Douglass Fellowship
The Council on International Educational Exchange ( CIEE ) and the University of The Council on International Educational Exchange ( CIEE ) and the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education’s Center for Minority Serving Institutions ( CMSI ) have partnered in an effort to increase the opportunities for the most financially challenged students from the nation’s nearly 600 Minority Serving Institutions ( MSIs ).
The CMSI will award the study abroad scholarships annually The CMSI will award the study abroad scholarships annually based on a combination of financial need, academic achievement, and presidential nomination.
Frederick Douglass Fellowship Eligibility
Minimum GPAinimum GPA : 3.00
Residency & Student Status
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National or Permanent Resident
- Must be Pell Grant eligible
- Students must be either current freshmen or currentsophomores during the 2017 – 2018 academic year.
- Enrolled at an accredited Minority Serving Institution and in good academic standing.
Frederick Douglass Fellowship Fellowship Information
- Applicants should be undergraduate college students that classify as rising sophomores or rising juniors at the time of participation ( summer 2018 )
- This application is for students interested in the Fellowship for participation in the summer 2018 experience in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Fellowships will be awarded based on a combination of financial need, academic achievement, and presidential nomination
- Awards will cover the full cost of travel and participation in a four week study abroad program sponsored by CIEE
- 10 Fellows will be selected from accredited Minority Serving Institutions
- Fellows will be expected to present and share their study abroad experience with their MSI community upon their return to campus
- Fellows from prior cohorts are ineligible from applying again
Frederick Douglass Fellowship Application Form
Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship. All checklistitems should be submitted through the online application.
- One Nomination Letterfrom University / College President
- Copy of Transcript
- Proof of Pell Grant Eligibility
- One Personal Videoo
- Upload a short 2-minute video that provides a detailed explanation of your objectives for study abroad. In this explanation discuss how the combination of your major and participation in study abroad will support your development and help you become a global leader. Also, discuss how this particular scholarship will help you meet your goals.
- One Personal Essay
- Discuss why you believe study abroad is important for students from Minority Serving Institutions and how you plan to share your study abroad experience with others upon returning ( no more than 800 words ).
- You may wish to read about Minority Serving Institutions & Study Abroad here.
Frederick Douglass Fellowship Important Dates
- The Last date for Online application Form : 2nd October, 2017.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.