Fritz Halbers Fellowship, USA
Fellowships for those candidates who enrolled in PhD Program
The LBI announces the availability of one or more fellowship per year for students enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an accredited institution of higher education.
The Fritz Halbers Fellowships provide financial assistance to scholars whose research projects are connected with the culture and history of German – speaking Jewry
The Fritz Halbers Fellowship(s) consists of an award, not exceeding $ 3000, to be determined according to the requirements of the project. The fellowship should be used by the end of the year in which it was granted. Support for travel or family members is not available.
- Applications for the Fritz Halbers Fellowship must be submitted in writing to the Director not later than November 1. Decisions will be announced in January. No reason for the decision will be given.
- An application consists of :
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Description of the Research Project
- A Financial Plan
- Evidence of Highest Degree Obtained
- Evidence of Enrollment in a Ph.D. Program
- Doctoral Candidates only :
- Official Transcripts (Graduate and Undergraduate Work)
- Two Letters of Recommendation, one by their doctoral advisor and one by another scholar familiar with their work
- Post – Doctoral Candidates only : Two Letters of recommendation from scholars in the field.
- All materials requested above (except for official transcripts) must be submitted in quadruplicate.
- The Fritz Halbers Fellowship holders agree to submit a brief report on their research activities upon conclusion of their fellowships.
Application Deadline : November 1 2010.