Global Health Corps – GHC Fellowship
Applications for the 2018 – 2019 fellowship class will open on 6th December, 2017.
GHC Fellowship looking for a global and diverse group of passionate and talented emerging leaders who :
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Listen openly to others, embracing a range of perspectives and experiences while remaining open to having their own perspectives shift.
- Understand the hard, complex work of building just health systems and have the patience, resilience, and motivation to see these challenges through.
- Are empathetic, with a commitment to self-care and the wellbeing of others.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to affect health impact.
- Are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
GHC Fellowship Fellowship details
- Yearlong paid placements ( 24th June, 2018 – 26th July, 2019 ) within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellows receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- A monthly living stipend
- Housing, including utilities assistance
- Health or travel accident and illness insurance, depending on citizenship and placement
- Support in applying for visas and / or work permits, as necessary
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
GHC Fellowship Eligibility
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger by 24th June, 2018.
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by 24th June, 2018.
- Be proficient in English.
GHC Fellowship Important Dates
- 6th December, 2017 : Application opens! See our application preview for this year’s application questions and our fellowship positions page for examples of last year’s fellowship positions. candidate will be able to apply for up to three positions.
- 15th January, 2018 : One recommendation form due by 11:59 PM EST ( submitted directly by your reference )
- 17th January, 2018 : Application closes at 11:59 PM EST
- January – February 2018 : The GHC team reviews applications.
- 2nd March to 17th March, 2018 : Applicants are notified whether they’ve been invited to a semi-finalist interview. Semi-finalists are interviewed by a GHC fellow, alumni, or staff member for alignment with GHC’s leadership practices.
- 23rd March to 7th April, 2018 : Semi-finalists are notified whether they’ve been selected as a finalist. Finalist applications are reviewed by placement organizations, who then choose which finalists to interview
- Late April – May, 2018 : Fellowship offers are extended on a rolling basis.
- June, 2018 : Every year, a few searches extend into June. Some of these are filled with candidates from our waitlist of strong runners-up for other positions.
- 24th June – 6th July, 2018 : 2018 – 2019 GHC fellows attend Training Institute at Yale University.