GM Foundation Scholarship , USAScholarships » USA »
GM Foundation Buick Achievers National Scholarships
Study Subject : Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, Select Design, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and Business
Employer : GM foundation
Level : Undergraduate
Applicants must :
- Be high school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2011
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2011-12 academic year
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math). Select Design, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and Business majors are also eligible. See the list of eligible majors. Scholarship recipients will demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States
Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America and their affiliates and subcontractors, and GM Foundation Directors, Officers, and staff and their relatives. Relatives of General Motors employees are eligible.
Award Criteria : Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors :
- Academic achievement,
- Financial need,
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals, and unusual circumstances, and
- Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
The majority of the scholarships will be awarded to students majoring in STEM fields, with a heavy emphasis on Engineering majors.Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. All scholarship recipients may be subject to a criminal background check.
GM Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline : March 31, 2011