Government Finance Scholarship
The Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is available for award to an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a course of study preparing for a career in state and local government finance.
Scholarship Amount : $9,000
Government Finance Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Currently a full- or part-time upper-division undergraduate or graduate student in public administration, governmental accounting, finance, political science, economics or business administration and expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2017 semester ( including spring 2017 graduates ).
- Belong to one of the following groups ( as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau ) : Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Recommendation from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program ( graduate students ) or department chair ( undergraduate students ).
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
Criteria for Scholarship Award
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study, if applicable.
- Past academic record and work experience.
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study as it relates to a career in the public sector.
- Letters of recommendations from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program, or department chair and others.
- Undergraduate and graduate ( if applicable ) grade point averages.
Government Finance Scholarship Application
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee :
- Application form.
- Statement of proposed state and local government finance career plan and, if applicable, plan of graduate study.
- Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
- Academic advisor’s, department chair’s, or dean’s letter of recommendation.
- Other letters of recommendation ( optional ).
All of the above items are to be submitted by the applicant’s academic advisor, dean ( graduate students ), or department chair ( undergraduate students ) in a single envelope, postmarked no later than 10th February, 2017 to the following address :
Government Finance Officers Association,
203 North LaSalle Street,
Suite 2700, Chicago,
Illinois 60601 – 1210.
The Government Finance Officers Association’s Scholarship Committee will review all applications and make an award if it determines that one of the candidates has met all of the criteria. Applicants will be notified in writing on or before 21st April, 2017, of the committee’s final decision.
The winner, if one is selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association’s annual conference in Denver, Colorado, 21st to 24th May, 2017, where the award will be presented. The winner will receive a complimentary annual conference registration, transportation costs to Denver, and hotel accommodations. For additional information, e-mail Robert Kotchen at the Government Finance Officers Association, email@example.com call 312 / 977-9700.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.