Jean Thomason Scholarship
Study Subject : History
Employer: Samford University Library
Level : Any Level
On June 14, 2007, the faculty and staff of the Samford University Library announced the establishment of the Jean Thomason Scholarship for IGHR.
The scholarship is named for and in honor of Jean Thomason, who directed the Institute from 1997-2007. The scholarship, which covers the cost of tuition, will be awarded annually and is open to anyone currently employed at a library.
Applications are due by December 1 of each year and will be reviewed by a Samford University Library committee. The winner will be announced the following January. Please include the following in your application :
- The name of the Library where you are employed
- The length of time you have worked in a library
- The average number of hours (monthly) spent working with patrons
- The name of the course you plan to attend
- In 500 words or less (1 printed page), a description of how participation in this course will benefit your patrons
- A letter of support from a supervisor or colleague
Scholarship Application Deadline for Jean Thomason Scholarship : 1 December2010
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.