Jutta and Peter Neckermann Study Abroad Scholarship
The Jutta and Peter Neckermann Study Abroad Scholarship was established May 1, 1998 with the gift to The Ohio State University from Peter and Jutta Neckermann of Columbus, Ohio to enhance the educational experience of deserving Ohio State students by providing Study Abroad scholarships for study abroad in Germany.
One or two scholarships will be awarded during the Spring 2010 competition. The scholarships awarded will be between $750 and $1,000 each. Students may only receive the Neckermann Study Abroad Scholarship one time.
Scholarships will be awarded to full-time students attending The Ohio State University in a degree-granting program. Criteria for consideration include:
- having a minimum overall GPA of 3.00;
- being admitted to an Ohio State approved quarter / summer-long study abroad program in Germany.
- Short-term programs are not eligible for this scholarship;
- preference will be also given to students who can demonstrate financial need.
The Jutta and Peter Neckermann Study Abroad Scholarship no longer accepts paper applications. All application materials will be submitted via Carmen. Once in Carmen, students will be able to upload application files into the dropbox.
The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship which is March 7, 2011 for Summer Quarter 2011 or Academic Year 2011-2012 programs.
- Log into Carmen
- Click on the “Join” link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on “Join” link
- Select “Neckermann Scholarship SP 11”
- Fill in Registration information
- The scholarship is listed in Spring 2011
- Scholarship submission instructions are in the Content section
Deadline is Monday, March 7, 2011 for Summer Quarter 2011
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.