Suffrage Centennial Undergraduate Women Scholarship
The Lincoln University Suffrage Centennial Undergraduate Scholarship acknowledges the increasing number of women graduating from Lincoln University. It recognises excellence in academic achievement by a female undergraduate student.
- The award shall be known as the Lincoln University Suffrage Centennial Undergraduate Scholarship.
- One scholarship shall be awarded annually and be tenable for one year.
- The scholarship shall comprise by way of a credit to the student’s fees account an amount equal to the New Zealand student’s tuition fee for the qualification in which the student is registered at Lincoln University.
- The scholarship shall be open to female students who will enrol full-time at Lincoln University in their final year of an undergraduate degree in the academic year following their application for the scholarship.
- The award is open to women of any nationality and age, and will be awarded in accordance with the principles of Lincoln University’s Policy on Equal Employment Opportunities.
- The Scholarships shall be awarded by the Lincoln University Undergraduate Scholarships Committee. The group which makes the selection (hereafter called the Selection Committee) should include at least one female representative.
- The criterion for selection of applicants shall primarily be excellence in academic achievement.
- The scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, bursary or prize unless the conditions of the other award preclude it.
- The Selection Committee may recommend that no scholarship be awarded if it finds there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
Note : Where academic excellence alone is insufficient to distinguish between candidates, the selection committee shall also consider candidates’ initiative and leadership skills.
Special Selection Criteria
- Applicants to be in their final year of an Undergraduate degree in the year following application.
- For women only
Application Deadline for Suffrage Centennial Undergraduate Women Scholarship : 30 September 2010