Mini-Fellowship Program for International Scholars, USAScholarships » USA »
Mini-Fellowship Program for International Scholars
The Mini?fellowship will consist of a four?week training program that includes three weeks of experience at an AASM?accredited U.S. sleep center, involving hands?on teaching and training for the fellow.
The fourth week of the fellowship will be spent at the SLEEP 2011, 25th Annual Meeting where the fellowship participants will have an opportunity to attend a variety of courses and academic sessions.
The meeting will also allow the fellows to meet and network with AASM members and faculty, as well as sleep industry leaders. During the SLEEP Meeting, a certificate of training completion will be issued to each fellow.
All application requirements must be translated and submitted in English by a certified translator. Eligible applicants will be residents of countries outside the United States or Canada.
Note that preference will be given to candidates from under?developed countries.
- Evidence of graduation from a nationally or regionally accredited Medical School.
- Licensure to practice medicine in home nation.
- Evidence of certification in a specialty area by a nationally or regionally recognized medical group.
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Documentation of an active medical practice affiliation with a national or regional medical facility in home nation.
- A letter of recommendation to study sleep medicine from a senior faculty medical officer at the affiliated medical facility with an assurance that the applicant will practice this specialty in the home nation upon his / her return.
- A letter of recommendation from a mentor or colleague attesting the applicant’s character and clinical skills.
- Evidence of financial support from the affiliated medical facility for the study visit.
- A one? to two?page letter describing the existing state of affairs of the practice of sleep medicine in the home country, detailing the applicant’s professional experience and reason(s) why the candidate is interested in sleep medicine.
- This information will be provided to the hostcenter to initiate the development of the fellowship curriculum.
- A valid passport from the home country and eligibility to obtain a visa to travel to the United States if selected.Application Closing Date for Mini-Fellowship Program for International Scholars : 29 October 2010