MIT / CIMIT Medical Engineering Graduate Fellowships 2011, USA
The School of Engineering and the Center for Integration of Medicine & Innovative Technology (CIMIT) are co – sponsoring four multi – year graduate student fellowships program.
These awards will support the work of four MIT engineering students who wish to focus their PhD studies on health care research. The MIT / CIMIT Medical Engineering Fellowship offers support in the highly innovative yet classically under – funded areas of :
- Medical device development
- New algorithms
- Software for use in clinical practices, and
- The engineering of medical environments
The MIT / CIMIT Medical Engineering Graduate Fellowship can support work in any of these exciting areas. Each fellowship award is for 9 months of stipend and tuition (for the period 1/16/11-5/30/11 and 9/1/11- 1/15/12), plus $ 500 for travel to present at a national society meeting; renewal in the second year is possible upon review.
Nominations (maximum of 3 candidates from each department) must be submitted by the Department / Division Head and include :
- One letter of recommendation from the student’s research adviser or another faculty member familiar with the student’s talents and interests;
- Student’s CV; and
- Personal statement (a one – page student written description of his / her research interests)
- Graduate student must be in 2nd or 3rd year
- Academic excellence
- Willingness to collaborate; and
- Strong desire to solve complex medical engineering problems
The Dean will submit a ranked, short list of candidates to the MIT / CIMIT Medical Engineering Fellowship Award Selection Committee. Finalists may be interviewed by the selection committee
Application Deadline : 20 September 2010.
Application Deadline for International Students : January 1 2011.