NASA Aeronautics Graduate Scholarship Program 2011, USA
NASA Aeronautics Graduate Scholarship Program 2011 for US Citizens
It is expected that about 5 two – year graduate scholarships, with a third – year option based on academic standing and programmatic requirements, will be awarded annually.
Students awarded NASA Aeronautics Graduate Scholarships will be provided the opportunity for two 8 to 10 week internships performing aeronautical research at a NASA center during the first two years they are enrolled in the program.
The NASA Aeronautics Graduate Scholarship award includes :
- $ 35,000 annual stipend
- Up to $ 11,000 awarded for each school year, to be used for tuition and other education related expenses
- Two (2) $ 10,000 Summer internship at a NASA Research Center Eligibility Requirements
The following criteria must apply :
- Applicants must have received or be on track to receive their bachelor’s degrees by Fall 2011. Scholarship awardees selected in Spring 2011 must begin their fellowship tenure by Fall 2011.
- Potential applicants to the program may be in their final year of undergraduate study and already accepted into a master’s or doctoral program, or they may be currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program but will not receive their degree until at least Spring 2013.
- You do not have to be accepted into a program at the time your application is submitted; however, should you be selected, the award is contingent upon your admission to a suitable master’s or doctoral level degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university in aeronautical engineering or a related science or engineering field of study.
- Fields of study must have a focus on aeronautics-related research such as, but not limited to, air traffic management research and integrated vehicle health management.
- The program is open only to applicants who are citizens or nationals of the United States. The term “nationals” refers to native residents of a possession of the United States such as American Samoa. It does not refer to a citizen of another country who has applied for U.S. citizenship. Persons who hold permanent resident status are not eligible. Proof of citizenship will be required upon formal offer.
Application deadline : January 17, 2011.