NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program for Graduate Training in School Psychology, USAScholarships » USA »
NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program
The NASP-ERT MSP was established in 1995 to ease financial barriers facing some minority graduate students embarking on a Specialist Degree (or equivalent) in School Psychology.
- One important goal of the Program is for each scholar receiving the award to enter the school community as a practicing school psychologist following graduation.
- The award is announced at the NASP Annual Convention. Funding may begin in the immediate Fall term after the announcement.
- The Program annually awards a minimum of one $5,000 scholarship to a chosen minority graduate student. In 2010, four $5,000 awards were funded (http://www.nasponline.org/about_nasp/2009msprecipients.aspx).
- The ability to fund this Program is a direct result of the philanthropy of individual and corporate donors.
Eligibility for NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program
To be considered for this scholarship, the candidate must :
- Be a full-time or part-time minority student (http://www.nasponline.org/about_nasp/minoritydefinition.pdf)
- Be a United States citizen
- Be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a NASP-approved program (http://www.nasponline.org/certification/NASPapproved.aspx) and/or regionally accredited school psychology program in the United States, with the aim of becoming a practicing School Psychologist
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a minimum cumulative overall GPA of 3.0
- Be a NASP member (http://www.nasponline.org/membership/index.aspx)
Your application will be reviewed by the MSP Selection Committee. The Committee will consider many factors in reaching their decision, including adherence to instructions, completeness of the application; applicant’s experience, interests and growth as reflected on their resume; applicant’s professional goals statement; recommendations; financial standing; and degree of scholarship.
Application deadline for NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program : 1 November2010