Ohio high School Scholarships
The Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship was established September 1, 1999 to enhance the educational experience of Ohio State students, by providing financial support to participants in Ohio State approved quarter/summer-long study abroad programs.
Up to thirty seven (37) scholarships, in the amount of $2,500 each, will be awarded during the 2010-2011 academic year. Students may only receive the Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship one time.
Scholarships will be awarded to full-time sophomore, junior, and senior rank students attending The Ohio State University in a degree-granting program. Criteria for consideration include :
- being an Ohio resident, who has graduated from an Ohio high school;
- having a minimum overall GPA of 2.75;
- being admitted to an Ohio State approved quarter/summer-long study abroad program (do not apply if you are going on a short-term program).
Preference will be given to students that lived and/or graduated high school in central Ohio and that have limited or no international travel experience prior to participating in the study abroad program referenced in this application.
Application Process and Requirements :
The Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship no longer accepts paper applications. All application materials will be submitted via Carmen.
The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship.
- Log into Carmen
- Click on the “Join” link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on “Join” link
- Select “Wolfe Scholarship AU 10″
- Fill in Registration information
- The scholarship is listed in Autumn 2010
- Scholarship submission instructions are in the Content section
Scholarship applicants will be able to upload application files into the dropbox. The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship.
Application Deadlines for Ohio high School Scholarships :
- Autumn Quarter Deadline: Monday, October 25, 2010 for Winter 2011 programs, Spring 2011 and Spring Semester 2011 programs (Carmen application window will open on Friday, September 24)
- Spring Quarter Deadline: Monday, March 7, 2011 for Summer Quarter 2011 and Academic Year programs 2011-2012