The President Obama / HSF STEM Teacher Scholarship
The President Obama / HSF STEM Teacher Scholarship Program is available on a competitive basis to outstanding Latino students.
This scholarship is open to juniors in a 4-year college or university majoring in STEM fields with plans to become a teacher. Selected students will receive $2,500 their junior and senior year for a total of $5,000.
This program is made possible through the generous donation of President Obama upon his winning of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
Eligibility Requirements for The President Obama / HSF STEM Teacher Scholarship :
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a FULL-TIME student in a degree seeking program at a four year U.S. accredited institution in California during the 2011-2012 academic year
- Must be a junior in the fall of 2011 at a four-year institution
- Must major in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics field with the intent to become a teacher
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Application Available: September 16, 2010
Application Deadline for The President Obama / HSF STEM Teacher Scholarship : December 31, 2010