Rent-A-Center Make A Difference Scholarship Program
The Rent-A-Center, Inc. has put forward “Rent-A-Center Make a Difference Scholarship Program” that is administered by Scholarship America to assist Rent-A-Center. The program is open to high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or already enrolled in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
The purpose of the program is to help students complete their educational goals by partnering with others to design, manage and deliver the best private scholarship and education support programs in the country. The winning candidates will receive a $1,000 scholarship funded by Scholarship America Ltd.
Rent-A-Center ( commonly referred to as RAC, Rent-A-Centre in Canada) is an American public furniture and electronics rent-to-own company based in Plano, Texas. The company was incorporated in 1986.
Rent-A-Center Make A Difference Scholarship Program Eligibility
Applicants to the Make a Difference Scholarship Program must be one of the following :
- Customers in good standing ( current customers or customers within the past two years ) of Rent-A-Center ( includes corporate Rent-A-Center and Rent-A-Center Franchise locations ), Home Choice or Acceptance Now (or)
- Spouses or dependent children of the above customers who are living in the customer’s household (or)
- Dependent children, 25 years of age or younger, of current employees of Rent-A-Center ( includes corporate Rent-A-Center and Rent-A-Center Franchise locations ), Get it Now!, Home Choice, Acceptance Now, RAC National Product Service or RAC Field Support Center who have been continuously employed for at least one year on 1st February, 2017. (or)
- Dependent children, age 25 or younger, of current Rent-A-Center Franchise owners.
- Applicants must live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
- Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States or Puerto Rico for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Applicants must be studying to obtain their first bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 on a 4.00 scale ( or its equivalent )
Rent-A-Center Make A Difference Scholarship Program Application Form
The process of online application, the candidate can create an account through the given link https://www.scholarsapply.org/makeadifference/register.php
As part of the application, applicants must also upload a current, complete transcript of grades and grading scale from all schools attended. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grade and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
Financial Aid and Award Money
- The student will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Up to 60 awards will be granted each year.
- Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only and processes scholarship payments on behalf of Rent-A-Center, Inc. Payment are made in one installment on August 1
Rent-A-Center Make A Difference Scholarship Program Important Dates
- The application must be submitted online by 11:59 PM on 1st February, 2017.