Robert Bosch Foundation FellowshipScholarships » USA »
Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship
The Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program is a distinguished transatlantic initiative that offers a select cohort of accomplished Americans the opportunity to complete a comprehensive intercultural professional program in Germany that is comprised of three main components :
- Individual professional assignments
- Professional seminars
- German language training
Bosch Fellows act as consultants in their field of expertise at leading public or private institutions in Germany. In addition, they participate in professional seminars, where they travel to meet and exchange ideas with experts and decision makers from Germany and Europe.
Prior to their work placements and seminars, Bosch Fellows receive private tutoring prior to their departure for Germany and participate in 8 weeks of intensive language courses in Berlin. Fellows are from the fields of public policy and administration, foreign and security policy, urban and regional planning, business, journalism and communications, law, or cultural and arts management ( ex. museum, theater, orchestra ).
The program is fully funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung, one of the largest foundations in Germany, with the goal of fostering a community of American leaders who have first-hand experience in the political, economic and cultural environment of Germany and the European Union.
Cultural Vistas acts as the U.S. representative of the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program and has administered the program since its inception in 1984.
Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants are expected to have a genuine interest in German and European affairs, have clear goals for the professional assignment(s) of the program, and demonstrate a commitment to the transatlantic relationship that extends beyond their own professional interests
In particular, the following qualiﬁcations are required of all applicants:
- U.S. citizenship
- Age 40 or younger at time of application
- Minimum five years of full-time work experience in target field ( excluding internships )
- Professional experience and Fellowship target field should be in the areas of: public policy and administration, foreign and security policy, urban and regional planning, business, journalism and communications, law, or cultural and arts management
- Evidence of outstanding professional performance and academic achievement
- Graduate degree preferred
- Active participation in community and / or public affairs
- Willingness and commitment to learn German; high proficiency would be an asset
Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Application
Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship application form available on the official website
Deadline of Application Form : 1st November, 2017