Robert L. Bernstein Fellowship
Study Subject : International Human Rights
Employer : HRIC
Level : Graduate
The Robert L. Bernstein Fellow will work full-time for one year at HRIC’s offices in either New York or Hong Kong. The Fellow will work closely with HRIC lawyers and advocacy staff and contribute to HRIC’s interrelated advocacy, casework, research, and outreach.
Projects may include preparing specific policy, case, and legal briefs and submissions to human rights mechanisms at the UN as well as contributions to other bilateral and multilateral fora including the WTO; contributing to media and electronic advocacy work, including an online legal resource center; and conducting research for and drafting publications and reports on current issues involving China’s minorities, rural inhabitants, women, and children.
- Graduate of NYU Law School
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of international human rights
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Relevant coursework, e.g. international human rights law, international law, international trade, Chinese law, or clinical experience
- Mandarin proficiency a plus
- Organization, self-motivation, and flexibility
Application Deadline for Robert L. Bernstein Fellowship : Applications are due by November 24, 2010