Smithsonian Institution FellowshipScholarships » USA »
2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Institution of Smithsonian
Smithsonian Institution offers Smithsonian Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular Evolution USA ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Molecular Evolution.
Course Level : Postdoctoral.
Scholarship Provider : Smithsonian Institution.
Scholarship can be taken at : USA.
Eligibility for Institution of Smithsonian Postdoctoral Fellowship 2012 :
- Applicants must propose to conduct research at the Smithsonian Institution for a period of 12 to 24 months.
- Applicants must have completed or be near completion of the PhD recipients who have not completed the PhD at the time of Postdoctoral Fellowship application must provide proof of completion of the degree before the Smithsonian Institution Fellowship begins.
- No employee or contractor of the Smithsonian Institution may hold a Fellowship during the time of his / her employment or contract, nor may an award be offered to any person who has been employed by or under contract to the Smithsonian Institution in the previous year, without the prior approval of the Office of Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English.
- All Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Scholarships application materials must be presented in English ( foreign transcripts may be translated ).
Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Scholarship is not available for International Students.
Institution of Smithsonian Postdoctoral Scholarship Description :
- The ( 2012 ) Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular Evolution will be offered to support Research on Molecular Evolution and Analytical Methods in Evolution.
- Smithsonians Molecular Research facilities are located at National Museum of Natural History ( NMNH ) and the National Zoological Park ( NZP ) in the Washington, D.C. area and at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute ( STRI ) in the Republic of Panama but collaboration with other facilities ( SERC, MCI, etc. ) is encouraged and potential advisors / hosts may be from any of the Smithsonians various Museums and Research Institutes.
- Applicants interested in conducting research at these facilities are strongly encouraged to contact potential advisors / hosts prior to proposal preparation and submission.
Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- Smithsonian Institution Postdoctoral Scholarship should be applied by Online.
Institution of Smithsonian Postdoctoral Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 : 15th January, 2012.