Talbots Scholarships for Women, USA
In keeping with its long – standing tradition of helping women succeed, the Talbots Charitable Foundation is proud to present the 2011 Talbots Scholarship Foundation and the Nancy Talbot Scholarship Award for perseverance and ingenuity, which is presented in memory of the founder of Talbots.
This program empowers women to enrich themselves through learning and achieve a college education later in life. This Talbots Scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services®, a division of Scholarship America®.
Scholarship Management Services is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
Eligibility for Talbots Scholarships
Applicants to the Talbots Scholarship Foundation must :
- Be women currently residing in the United States or Canada;
- Be women who earned a high school diploma or their GED on or before September 2001;
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full – or part – time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two, three or four year college or university in the United States or Canada;
- Be attending the full 2011 – 12 academic year and receiving a degree no earlier than May 2012; and
- Have at least two semesters (24 credit hours or more) remaining to complete an undergraduate* degree as of the beginning of the 2011 fall academic term.
Talbots and Scholarship America employees or family members are not eligible to apply to this program. Only the first 5,000 eligible applications submitted will be processed.
Up to ten (10) scholarships of $15,000 and one (1) $30,000 scholarship will be awarded. Only applicants seeking a bachelor’s degree are eligible to receive the Nancy Talbot Scholarship Award.
Awards are one – time only, are not renewable, and are paid in U.S. currency. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Before registering, you may wish to gather the following information that will be needed for the application process :
- List of your work experience and involvement in school and community activities
- Copy of your complete secondary and postsecondary academic record
- Financial information, including copies of your most recent tax form filed with the IRS or Revenue Canada if applicable.
Carefully review your application before you submit it. We recommend that you print a hard copy of your application to retain for your records. Do not send a printed copy to Scholarship Management Services.
All application pages with required fields must be completed in the format described in order to submit the application. Standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 101 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used when entering data. Once the application is submitted, no further revisions can be made.
You, the applicant, are responsible for gathering and submitting all required information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; answer all questions as completely as possible.
Your application is considered confidential and is reviewed only by Scholarship Management Services. Applicants will receive an emailed confirmation when the electronic application is successfully submitted.
Late submissions and incomplete application packages will not be considered. If you do not receive acknowledgement that their application package is complete, it is your responsibility to contact Scholarship Management Services to check on your application’s status.
Terms and Conditions
Talbots Charitable Foundation reserves the right to interpret and review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
The application must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on January 3, 2011.
For further fellowship information and application please visit : https://www.scholarshipamerica.org/talbotswomen/instructions.php