Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism
Study Subject : Environmental Journalism
Employer : Center for Environmental Journalism
Level : Professionals
The fellowship begins mid-August with a week’s orientation prior to classes beginning and continues into mid-May.
Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism Eligibility
Five Ted Scripps Fellowships are awarded each year. The program is open to all full-time U.S. print or broadcast journalists interested in deepening and broadening their knowledge of environmental issues. It is aimed at outstanding journalists committed to a career in professional journalism. Professionals in fields such as teaching, public relations and advertising are not eligible.
To be eligible, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen, have a minimum of five years full-time professional journalism experience and have completed an undergraduate degree. Applicants may include general assignment reporters, editors, producers, environmental reporters, full-time freelancers and photojournalists. Prior experience in covering the environment is not required.
Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism Application & Selection Process
To apply, an applicant compiles the items listed below according to the directions on the application form. Applications must be received by the March 1 deadline.
Full application requires
- Read eligilibity requirements
- Download the application form and follow its instructions
- Upload these documents at jobsatcu.com
- Application form
- Cover letter
- A résumé that includes a list of positions held and awards
- An intellectual autobiography
- A projected study and project plan for the academic year
- Three work samples
- List of three references with contact information. Note: Each reference will be contacted with instructions for uploading their letter to jobsatcu.com
If work samples are broadcast pieces, and they are not available for viewing online, please send one copy directly to the Center for Environmental Journalism at the following address :
Center for Environmental Journalism
1511 University Avenue
Boulder, CO 80309
A selection committee will read all applications, choose people to be interviewed by phone and then make a final selection of five fellows.
Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism Important Dates
- The application deadline has been extended to 1st March, 2018.
- Fellows will be notified of the selection by 1st May, 2018.