University of Kent ScholarshipScholarships » USA »
2012 Postgraduate Scholarships in Kent University
Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Humanities or Social Science at University of Kent USA ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Humanities or Social Science.
Course Level : Postgraduate.
Scholarship Provider : In memory of Christine Bolt, Emeritus Professor of History – University of Kent,
Scholarship can be taken at : USA.
Eligibility for Kent University PG Scholarship 2012 :
- Hold an excellent Bachelors ( 1st or 2.1 ) or Masters degree ( Merit or Distinction ).
- Hold an offer of a place or be a currently registered student for a full time Postgraduate Research degree at University of Kent for the following academic year ( 2012 / 2013 ) in a Humanities or Social Science based field.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and be able to explain their project clearly and without jargon to Non – Experts.
- Convey their passion for their project to a wider audience.
- Convince the panel of the projects wider value act as ‘ambassador’ for both the University of Kent and their subject.
- Successful applicants will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, achievements to date in their chosen field and their communication skills.
University of Kent PG Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, University of Kent Postgraduate Scholarship is not available for International Students.
Kent University PG Scholarship Description :
- Christine and Ian Bolt Postgraduate Scholarships were set up in memory of Christine Bolt, Emeritus Professor of History at the University of Kent and were generously funded by her late husband, Ian Bolt.
- University of Kent Postgraduate Scholarships of up to £10,000 each ( to include tuition fees ) will be offered for one year in support of a sustained period of research while in the USA.
- During this year the students must be registered on a full time Postgraduate degree by Research at the University of Kent.
- In exceptional circumstances, the University of Kent Postgraduate Scholarship holders may be invited to re – apply for a further one years funding.
- University of Kent Scholarships are aimed at full time Postgraduate students whose area of research has an American element and or where the centre of expertise or an important source of research material is located in the United States of America.
- The purpose of the fund is to award Postgraduate Scholarships to deserving students studying in the Faculty of Humanities or Social Sciences at the University of Kent to support a sustained period of research in America for up to one year.
- Preference will be given to students and to candidates who have not had the opportunity to live or study for an extended period of time in the USA.
University of Kent PG Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- University of Kent Postgraduate Scholarship should be applied by an Email and Post.
Kent University PG Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 : 30th May, 2012.