Women’s Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, USA
Scholarship for Women’s in the field of Wildlife Management / Conservation
The Women’s Policies Committee of the National Rifle Association has established the Women’s Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, to be administered by the NRA Foundation.
This women’s scholarship, from the Women of the NRA, is a renewable, one – year, $ 1,000 scholarship available to full – time college juniors or seniors with a minimum grade point average of 3.0, majoring in wildlife management / conservation.
Standard Eligibility Requirements :
- Enrolled as full – time college junior or senior (12 credit hours per semester minimum)
- Majoring in the field of wildlife management / conservation
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, supported by an official transcript
- Relatives of NRA Women’s Policies Committee are not eligible to apply. (The term “relatives” includes the following : spouse, parent, child, sibling, in – law, grandchild, aunt, niece or step – relative. The term also includes individuals with whom the Women’s Policies Committee member has a close personal relationship, such as domestic partners, cohabitants or significant others.)
Required Application Material :
- Completed application form
- Current official transcript
- Proof of enrollment as a full – time student (junior or senior classification) with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Essay of 250 – 300 words (typed / double spaced)
- Reference(s) :
- One academic reference is required
- One reference from a wildlife professional is optional
Women’s Scholarship Selection Criteria :
In addition to the above mentioned standard eligibility requirements, selection will be based on the following :
- Honors and awards or special accomplishments
- Service (extracurricular activities, volunteer work, community service)
- Work experience
- Memberships in any organizations or societies
- At least one reference (one academic reference is required; a second reference from a wildlife professional is optional)
Application Closing Date : 15th November 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.