James Cook University, Australia
One of the world’s leading institutions focusing on the tropics, Australia’s James Cook University is surrounded by the spectacular ecosystems of the rainforests of the Wet tropics, the dry savannahs, and the iconic Great Barrier Reef. Our unique location enables students from Australia and overseas to study in a diverse physical environment unparalleled by any university in the world.
Courses Offered in James Cook University
Born for the Tropics
Ranked in the top four percent of the world’s tertiary institutions by the respected Academic Ranking of World Universities produced by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University, James Cook University is dedicated to creating a brighter future for life in the tropics world-wide, through graduates and discoveries that make a difference.
Dedicated to Research
The University conducts nationally significant and internationally recognised research in areas such as marine sciences, biodiversity, tropical ecology and environments, global warming, tourism, and tropical medicine and public health care in under-served populations.
JCU – A Comprehensive University
Since our establishment in 1970, we have expanded into a multi-campus institution with our main campuses in the tropical cities of Cairns, Singapore and Townsville, with smaller study centres in Mount Isa, Thursday Island and Mackay. We also have a campus in Brisbane, operated by Russo Higher Education.
Our students come from many backgrounds, promoting a rich cultural and experiential diversity on campus. Our undergraduate and postgraduate courses span the Arts, Business, Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Science, Information Technology and Social Sciences. We aim to give graduates the qualifications and skills they need for the global workforce.
Relevant to our Region
We also recognise our special obligation to be relevant to our own region and have forged close linkages into the economy and social fabric of the northern Queensland. We are dedicated to ensuring that our teaching, learning and research is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
Why Choose JCU, Australia
- Ranked in Top 4% Worldwide
- Global Quality Degrees
- A Natural Choice
- Supportive Study Environment
- Teaching Excellence
- Leading Research
Accommodation at James Cook University
Organizing your accommodation is an important step as you prepare for the study year. We recommend that you start looking at your accommodation options as early as possible, particularly if you want to apply for on-campus accommodation in Townsville. If you are planning to live off-campus, aim to arrive early so you have enough time to look at options and secure permanent accommodation. Study in Australia has some useful information about accommodation and the costs you might expect to pay for the various options.
James Cook International provides a free transport service for students wanting to view potential properties and meet with agents / landlords. If you wish to use this transport service you must register 24 hours prior to the commencement of each session, by visiting the Student Centre in Townsville and Cairns. Tours will depart from the Student Centre.
The following checklist will assist you to plan your trip to Australia and help you to complete all the necessary steps for a successful arrival.
- Applied for and received your student visa
- Read and understood the conditions of your student visa
- Booked JCU’s arrival Service
- Booked JCU’s temporary accommodation service
- Submitted an on-campus accommodation application for the Townsville campus ( if applicable )
- Informed your family and friends of the Student Centre contact details
- Organised Australian currency
- Organised flights and travel so that you arrive within JCU’s timeframes
- Obtained your home country’s Diplomatic Mission / Embassy contact details in Australia
- Obtained certified copies of your academic transcripts ( if you will be seeking credit for previous studies / recognition of prior learning after you arrive )
- Purchased an electrical adaptor if you are bringing electrical appliances ( this can also be done after arrival if necessary )
- Photocopied all important documents for proof of identification in the case of theft or loss ( e.g. passport, birth certificate, drivers licence, flight tickets, Confirmation of Enrolment, etc )
- Obtained a letter and / or prescriptions from your medical practitioner if you have any special medical conditions or medications that you need to take through customs
- Considered having any immunisations that you may need before travelling, e.g. Tetanus-diphtheria vaccine, Measles vaccine and Varicella ( chickenpox ) vaccine
In order to study at JCU, you will be required to meet a standard of English language proficiency. There are also academic entry requirements and individual program requirements you must meet for entry into undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Contact James Cook University Australia
1 James Cook Drive,
Townsville, QLD 4811,
Telephone : +61 7 4781 4111
Fax : +61 7 4779 6371
Australian University Consultancies in India
- Global Reach Kolkata ( Head Office )
Unit 7W, The Millennium,
235/2A AJC Bose Road,
Adjacent to Hotel Hindusthan International,
Kolkata – 700 020, India.
Telephone : ( +91-33 ) 2283 5537, 3053 2020, 3053 2021, 4006 3166, 4006 3734
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kangaroo Studies Private Ltd
Office No 411, 4th Floor Kirti Shikhar,
District Centre Near LIC Building,
Janakpuri, New Delhi – 110 058.
Email : email@example.com
- Dilinger Consultants
Flat No 12, 5th Floor,
Lakshmi Sridevi Plaza, CBM Compund,
Vizag, Andhra Pradesh – 530 003, India
Telephone : +91 891 6644371
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- SIEC India Pvt Ltd
B-2/9, 1st Floor, Opp. Happy Model School,
Janakpuri, New Delhi – 110 058,
Telephone : +91 11 43765500/55, 25572009-10, 9910427671
Fax : +91 11 45661455
Toll Free : 1800 102 2625
Email : email@example.com
- Discover Matrix Pty Ltd
24-A Alipur Road, Civil Lines,
Delhi – 110 054, India.
Telephone : +91-11-23934576
Fax : +91-11-23981740
Mobile : +919810437693, +919818378239
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chopra Consultants Pvt Ltd
Global Education Center,
1006 Chiranjiv Towers,
43 Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110 019.
Telephone : +91- (0)11- 4160 8466, 26414164/65, 26280600, 26445195, 26478940
Fax : +91- (0)11-26280361
Email : email@example.com
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.