IIEDC – Bled School of Management Slovenia
IEDC – Bled School of Management
Presernova cesta 33
4260 Bled, Slovenia
Tel : +386 4 57 92 500
Fax : +386 4 57 92 501
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nestled among the shoreline trees of Lake Bled, IEDC – Bled School of Management is an award – winning boutique business school created specifically for practicing managers and experienced executives. Highly relevant, practice oriented programs. World – class professors. Innovative approach in leadership development – learning from the metaphors of art, sports and science. Diverse international participants. Personalized approach to people and programs. Regional expert, global recognition.
IEDC’s mission is to attract the most promising executives and top managers, provide them with world-class management education and other relevant services in an international context, inspire them for lifelong – learning, and prepare them to act and add value as competent and ethically responsible transformational leaders in their organizations and society at large.
- A center of excellence
- One of the best business schools in Europe
- An agent of change
- A major business meeting place in the Region
- Creative environment for creative leadership
IEDC – Bled School of Management is a unique place to learn, reflect and to meet other managers and leaders; since 2000, when it moved to its current location, it is known as one of the most attractive management institutions in the Region.
The modern buildings, designed by a renowned Slovene architect, Mr. Vojteh Ravnikar, overlook breathtaking scenes of the Alpine lake Bled and are surrounded by an international sculpture park, stimulating staff, participants and visitors to think and act creatively and innovatively.
The complex of three buildings features modern amphitheatres, seminar rooms and a library, which are equipped to receive audio, video and electronic data, including wireless computer access.
IEDC has extensive computing facilities for use by participants and staff for learning and teaching; they can connect laptop computers directly to the IEDC server and the internet.
The facilities at the Resource Center include an up – to – date book stock and a wide range of journals and periodicals including journal articles in electronic format.
Programs at IEDC
- Executive MBA
- Open Enrollment Programs
- General Management Program ( GMP )
- Advanced Management Program ( AMP )
- Short Executive Development Programs
- Top Executive Forums
- Young Managers Program
- Discover Management Program
Admission for MBA
IEDC welcomes applications from outstanding individuals whose intellectual ability, management and leadership skills, academic credentials, and personal qualities indicate that they will benefit from and contribute to our learning environment.
The intake for 2013 intake is already open :
- October 1st, 2012 – general admission for applications. Should you not manage to apply by the deadline, please contact the EMBA office to inquire about the possibility of enrollment.
- Applications for the Presidents’ MBA are accepted at any time throughout the year.
Due to a high interest for the One – and Two – Year Executive MBA programs, it is important to apply early. Please start the application process as soon as you and your company are determined about your participation in the program.
- Minimum 3 years of meaningful work experience ( for Presidents’ MBA: top position in an organization )*
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- A completed Bologna Bachelor’s level or higher
The application is evaluated according to a range of criteria which include your work experience and professional performance, academic records, proficiency in English, professional recommendations, evidence of an international outlook, strong motivation, and, for the One – and Two – Year EMBA applicants, demonstrated leadership potential. All applicants who fulfill the formal criteria will be invited for an admission interview.
The One – and Two – Year Executive MBA programs have a limited number of spaces available and not all applicants, even some of those fully qualified, can be admitted. Early application is recommended. Admission to the Presidents’ MBA Program is competitive and participants are carefully selected. IEDC evaluates applications on a case – by – case basis.
To apply, please submit the following documents to the EMBA office before the deadline :
A fully completed application form ( can be sent in electronic version )
- 2 letters of recommendation in IEDC format ( either in sealed envelopes or sent to EMBA office in pdf )
- A certified copy of a completed Bologna Bachelor degree level or higher translated into English by a court interpreter ( exception for Slovenian diplomas –a certified copy in any local Administrative unit is enough; for diplomas issued in English language – contact the Registrar of your university to provide you with a certified copy ) . Please provide an original certified copy, scanned and xerox copies are not acceptable.
- 2 passport size photos
- a financial gap estimate form
- For scholarship applicants : a one – page essay arguing compliance with scholarship criteria and motivation.
Once your application file is received and evaluated, the admission interview with the director of the program is set up. Basing on the overall quality of the application and the admission interview results, the official admission decision is announced. For scholarship applicants: scholarship decision is announced after the Scholarship committee meeting is held.
When applicant is accepted, all the rest of formalities follow: conclusion of the contract, assistance with finding accommodation, information on program details, etc.
Program Fees And Expenses
- The program fees for the One – Year EMBA program, which cover tuition and classroom materials, total 23,000 euro.
- The Two – Year EMBA program fees, which cover tuition and classroom materials, are 28,500 euro.
- The Presidents’ MBA program fee, which covers tuition and classroom materials, is 34,000 euro.
Accommodation and living expenses are estimated at about 6,000 euro when opting for hotel accommodation and approximately 3,500 euro when choosing accommodation in private boarding houses. Participants cover on their own also daily expenses, travel and any residence / visa expenses.
PhD Admission & Fee
Candidates for the admission to the Executive PhD Program have to fulfill the following requirements :
- Master Degree diploma ( Bologna second level corresponding to 300 ECTS )
- Minimum 5 years of meaningful work experience
- Proficiency in English
An application for the doctoral program must include the following:
- Completed Application form
- Certified copy of Master Degree diploma, translated into Slovene or English by a court interpreter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Preliminary research proposal in which the candidate describes the topic of her / his doctoral research
- Motivational letter in which the candidate explains the reasons for enrolling into the doctoral program
- Candidate’s CV with the list of publications ( co – )authored by the candidate.
Candidates for the PhD program in the academic year 2012-13 should submit their applications by October 15, 2012. Eligible candidates will be invited for interviews with two faculty members assigned by the IEDC -Bled School of Management, Postgraduate studies. Successful completion of the interviews is a mandatory requirement for enrollment.
The application form with the enclosed documents should be sent to :
IEDC – Bled School of Management
Presernova cesta 33
The tuition fee for the Executive PhD Program at IEDC – Bled School of Management, Postgraduate studies is 10.000 EUR per academic year which in total amounts to 40.000 EUR for all four years of the program.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.