CSI College of Engineering – CSICE
CSI College of Engineering
The CSI College of Engineering ( CSICE ) is a self – financing institution, offering degree level courses in different disciplines of Engineering Sciences. This college was founded by the Church of South India, Coimbatore Diocesan Council which is pioneer in running Educational Institutions, from pre primary to post matriculation and post graduate levels, all known for their academic standards and discipline.
To equip the students with Technical Knowledge, skill and ability; to inculate in them right attitude and holistic values; to motivate them to think creatively, act independently and take decisions accordingly in all their scientific pursuits and other endeavors as well; to develop a system of meaningful interaction with industry.
To equip the students with Technical knowledge, skill and ability; to inculcate in them right attitude and holistic values; to motivate them to think creativity, act indepandently and take decisions accordingly in all their scientific pursuits and other endeavors as well; to develop a system of meaningful interaction with industry.
CSI College of Engineering ( CSICE ) is committed to provide quality education to the students enabling them to excel in the fields of Science, Engineering, Technology and Management to cater to the changing and challenging needs of society and industry by
- Contributing to the academic standing and overall knowledge development of the students.
- Maintaining state-of-the art infrastructure and congenial learning environment.
- Enhancing the competence of faculty to very high level and to make them adopt all modern and innovative methods in teaching – learning process.
- Inculcating moral and ethical values among students and staff.
- Collaborating with Institutions and Industries.
- Promoting research and development programme for the growth of economy.
- Disseminating technical knowledge in the region by continuing education programs.
- Ensuring continual improvement of Quality Management Systems.
CSI College of Engineering Facilities
- Central Library
- Data Centre
The following sections and units are in the Central Library :
- Stack Room
- Reading Hall
- Reference Hall
- Book Bank Unit
- Periodical Unit
- New Arrivals Unit
- News Paper Unit
- Circulation Section
- Browsing Centre
- Reprography Section
- Back Volume Unit
CSICE Courses Offered
The institution offers bachelor’s courses in the following streams of Engineering :
- BE in Mechanical Engineering
- BE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BE in Computer Science and Engineering
- B Tech in Information Technology
- BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BE in Civil Engineering
The institution is divided among the following four departments :
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, headed by Prof. T. V. Christy ( Vice-Principal )
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, headed by Prof. Mohankumar
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering headed by both Prof.K.V.Rukmani ( Admin ) & Prof. B.Sasthiri ( Academic )
- Department of Information technology headed by Prof. Usha Ruby
- Department of Electronics & Communication headed by Prof. Komathy Vanitha
- Department of Civil Engineering headed by Prof.Venkatesh
- General Sciences, headed by Prof. A. Kennedy ( Department of Physics )
Each of the departments have their own separate laboratories and classrooms to accommodate the students. Each department also has its own Students’ Association, through which various activities of the departments are carried out annually. Technical symposia, Industrial visits, educational trips, guest lectures and special events are few of the activities carried out by the various Students’ Associations.
The graduation ceremony for the fifth batch of students ( 2002 – 2006 ) was held in the college in March 2007. The event was presided over by the President of SIEMA, C.R. Shanmugasundaram.
CSI College of Engineering Contacts
CSI College of Engineering,
Ketti ( Near Ooty ),
The Nilgiris – 643 215.
Phone No. : 0423 – 2517474, 2517581 – 84,
Fax : 0423 – 2517699,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website :www.csice.org, www.csice.edu.in.