R.V.S. College of Pharmacy
City : Coimbatore,
Pincode : 641 402,
Phone : 0422 – 2687421, 2687603, 094433 – 29872, 98429 – 28205.
Website : www.rvsgroups.com.
Approved By : The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai and Indian Pharmacy Council and AICTE, New Delhi.
RVS College of Pharmaceutical Sciences ( RVS COPS ) was started in the year 1993 for the sole purpose of giving quality education to the leaders of tomorrow. The Rathinavel Subramaniam College of Pharmaceutical Science, Sulur, Coimbatore is a co – educational institution under the management of Rathinavel Subramaniam, son of Vijayashree – Dr. K.V. Kupusamy, the Chairman, R.V.S Educational Trust.
Over the past 14 years it has grown to become the biggest self- financing college in terms of students strength, offering U.G and P.G Courses in pharmacy. It is the endeavor of the institution to glow radiantly in every sphere of activity. The ISO 9001: 2008 awarded has added one more feather in the cap of RVS COPS.
Quality Policy statement : ISO 9001 : 2008
- Provide value added quality education to our students, ensure an all round personality development in them and achieve satisfaction of parents and employers, By providing quality health care to the society.
- Promote continual improvement in all our activities through, staff skill up gradation, participation and team work.
Co. Educational institution.
Candidates interested in admission must apply in the prescribed form obtained from this College on payment of Rs.200/- by cash or a crossed Demand Draft in favour of R.V.S. Educational Trust payable at Coimbatore.
The following Original Documents to be produced at the time of admission :
- Application Form duly filled in.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied.
- Mark sheet of all attempts of the qualifying examination.
- Community Certificate.
- 3 copies of recent passport size photo.
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University,Chennai for students other than Tamil Nadu candidates.
Admission to the B.Pharmacy Degree course is open to Foreign students to eligibility and as per norms set by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and Government of Tamil Nadu.
They Should produce the following certificates.
- No objection certificate from the Govt.of India, ( to be issued by the Ministry of external affairs,Govt.of India, New Delhi ).
- Students Visa issued and endorsed by the Compotent authority.
- Eligibility certificate issued by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University,Chennai.
- No objection Certificate issued by the Ambassador of his/her country or the competent Authority empowered to grant permission to stay and study in India.
- All the relevant travel documents inclusive of Passport and Health Certificate as per accepted norms.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy ( B.Pharmacy )
Number of seats : 60
Eligibility : A Pass in HSC / PDC / CBSC / INTERMIDIATE or equivalent examination ( Direct ) with 45% marks in Physics,Chemistry,Biology / Mathematics and 40% eor SC / ST Candidates.
Duration : 4 Years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy ( B.Pharmacy – Lateral Entry )
Eligibility : A Pass in D.Pharm with 45% aggregate as per PCI Regulation and lateral entry 40% forSC/ST Candidates.
Duration : 3 Years
1.Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
2.Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
3.Anatomy,Physiology & Health Education
4.Bio – Chemistry
5.Biostatistics and Computer Applications
2.Pharmaceutical Analysis and Physical Chemistry
3.Advanced Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
5.Pharmacy Practice and Pathophysiology
1.Pharmacognosy and Phyto-Chemistry
2.Medicinal Chemistry –I
3.Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Cosmetic Technology
5.Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
1.Formulative Pharmacy and Bio-Pharmaceutics
4.Modern Methods of Pharmaceutical Analysis
6.Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence and Pharmacy Business Management
- PG ( Master of Pharmacy )
Number of seats :
- Pharmaceutics – 18
- Pharmacology – 10
- PharmaceuticalAnalysis – 18
A Pass in B.Pharm of a recognized university
Duration : 2 Years
Common to All Branches
Paper-IModern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques.
BRANCH I PHARMACEUTICS
Paper II – Industrial Pharmacy.
Paper III- Bio – Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
Paper IV – Advances in Drug Delivery System.
Paper II- Pharmacology &Toxicology.
Paper III- Biological Standardization and Pharmacological Screening methods.
Paper IV- Drug Design and Molecular Pharmacology.
BRANCH V PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
Paper II – Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Analysis.
Paper III – Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis.
Paper IV- Quality Control & Quality Assurance.
Seminar and Viva Voce on Dissertation.
- Doctor of Pharmacy ( PHARM.D )
Number of seats : 30.
A Pass in HSC / PDC / CBSC / INTERMIDIATE or equivalent examinations with 50% marks in Physics,Chemistry ,Biology / Mathematics.
Duration : 6 Years
First Year :
1.Human Anatomy and Physiology
4.Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
5.Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
6.Remedial Mathematics/ Biology*
- For Biology
Second Year :
3.Pharmacognosy & Phytopharmaceuticals
Third Year :
Fourth Year :
4.Biostatistics & Research Methodology
5.Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
Fifth Year :
1. Clinical Research 3 – 1
2. Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics
3. Clinical Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacotherapeutic Drug Monitoring
4. Clerkship *
5. Project work ( Six Months )
* Attending ward rounds on daily basis.
Sixth Year :
Internship or residency training including postings in specialty units. Student should independently
provide the clinical pharmacy services to the allotted wards.
- Six months in General Medicine department, and
- Two months each in three other specialty departments.
- DOCTORATE OF PHILOSOPHY ( Ph. D )
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
Eligibility : A pass in M.Pharm of a recognized university
Duration : 3 Years
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.