R.V.S. College of Physiotherapy
The RVS College of Physiotherapy a unit of RVS Institute of Health Science run by RVS Educational Trust was started on 2nd September with an annual intake of fifty students for it’s under graduate program in Physiotherapy.
RVS College of physiotherapy functions efficiently with the Dynamic Principal and a team of dedicated faculty members. Our college imparts excellent training, and guides the candidates’ face the clinical environment confidently.
Master Program with elective in Sports and Advanced PT on Orthopaedics was introduced in the year 2001. Ten batches of Bachelors Program snd four batches of Master program have been graduated from our institution since its inception. RVS College of Physiotherapy is affiliated to the Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai. “The Indian Association of Physiotherapists” ( Member of World Federation of Physiotherapy ) recognizes our college.
UG Courses :
- B.P.T ( Bachelor of Physiotherapy )
Course Details :
Duration of the course: 4 years & 6 months compulsory of internship
Intake : 50
Cut – off date for admission: September 30th of every year.
Impart in depth knowledge, training to stay competent in the field and offer quality services to the society with compassion & concern.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy Program.
Acquiring knowledge in Basic medical subjects, therapy programs & clinical subjects.
Develop skills & mastery of different therapeutic techniques
Educate and train the candidate to assess, diagnose, Prescribe & plan the therapeutic measures.
Practice Moral & ethical values.
Inculcate Proper attitude & Discipline
Internal Assessment :
Three internal examinations will be conducted and average of the marks will be taken as the final award.
University Examinations :
Theory Examinations commences at February I & August I in Every academic year.
University Examinations is scheduled at the end of the every academic year.
1. Eligibility : Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course should have passed the Higher Secondary course examination ( Academic stream) after a period of 12 years of study with the following subjects : Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Botany and Zoology.
Candidates who have studied abroad and have passed the equivalent qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities will form the guideline to determine the eligibility and must have passed in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany / Zoology ) and English unto 12th standard level.
Candidates who have passed the Senior Secondary School examination of National Open school with a minimum of 5 subjects with any of the following group subjects
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other language.
2. Age limit for Admission : A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the age on or before 31 st December on the year of admission to the BPT degree course.
3. Physical Fitness Certificate : Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the principal of the Institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit too undergo the academic course and does not suffer from any disability or contagious disease.
4. Eligibility Certificate : Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Course examination conducted by Government of Tamil Nadu shall obtain an eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form.
5. Registration : A candidate admitted to the course in any of the affiliated B.P.T. college shall register with this University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form for registration duly filled in and forwarded to this university through the Head of the Institution with the stipulated date.
6. Duration of the course : The duration of certified study for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course shall extend over a period of four academic years and six months of compulsory internship.
7. Medium of Instruction : English shall be the medium of Instruction for all the subjects of study and for examinations of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course.
- Master of Physiotherapy ( M.P.T ) :
Candidates admitted into the Master in Physiotherapy course should have passed the BPT degree examination of this university or an examination of any other university accepted by the authority of this university as equivalent thereto.
Candidates who have passed BPT Examination from other than the “The TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University” except Annamalai University shall obtain an eligibility certificate from this University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated institution.
Duration of the Course :
The period of certified study for Master in Physiotherapy shall be a full time course and its duration shall extend over a period of two academic years for the award of the degree.
- Adv. PT in Orthopedics
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Adv PT in Neurology
- Adv PT in cardio respiratory diseases
Age Limit :
There is no upper age limit.
Fitness Certificate :
Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the M.P.T course and does not suffer from any contagious disease. Student with disability should produce the disability certificate issued by the duly constituted district medical board.
A candidate admitted to the course in any of the affiliated institutions of TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai shall register with the university by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form for registration duly filled in and forwarded to the controller of examination of this university through the head of the affiliated institutions within the stipulated date.
Medium of Instruction :
English will be the medium of instruction for the subjects of study and for the examination of the MPT course.
Hands – on – Practice
Contact Details :
242 – B Trichy Road,
City : Coimbatore,
Pincode : 641 402,
Phone : 2687421, 2687480, 2687603,
Website : http://physiotherapy.rvshs.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.