R.V.S. Homeopathy Medical College
R.V.S. Homeopathy Medical College,
242 – B, Trichy Road,
City : Coimbatore,
Pincode : 641 402,
Phone : 0422 – 2687421, 2687603,
Website : http://rvshmch.ac.in.
The R.V.S Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital was established in 2001 with 50 beds and all facilities for the out patients and Inpatient Department. It is recognized and approved by the Government of TamilNadu and the Government of India. The college is affiliated to the TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai and recognized by the Central Council of Homoeopathy, New Delhi. It is the first College of its kind in Tamil Nadu to receive ISO 9001: 2000 certificate.
The syllabi prescribed by the Central Council and University are being followed in the college. The medium of instruction is English only. The college is situated about fifteen kilometers from the city of Coimbatore on the road to Trichy. The public transport facilities are in abundance. The college owns a bus for the use of the students and the staff.
Course Details :
B.H.M.S ( 5 1 / 2 Years including 1 Year Compulsory rotatory internship program ) ( Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery )
Approved By : Affiliated to the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai. CCL, New Delhi.
Number of seats : 50
Eligibility : Candidates seeking admission to B.H.M.S. should have passed Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu or an equivalent examination after 12 years of study of any state or Central Board accepted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University. The candidates should have passed in the above examinations with the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Botany and Zoology.
The minimum marks required for different categories are as follows :
OC : Minimum of 50% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together, 50 % marks in each of Physics and Chemistry. Aggregate should not be less than 120 out of 200.
BC : Minimum 50% in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together, 50% marks in each of Physics and Chemistry.
Aggregate should not be less than 110 out of 200.
MBC : Minimum of 45% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together. 45% in each of Physics and Chemistry. Aggregate should not be less than 100 out of 200.
SC & ST : Minimum of 40% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together, 40% each in Physics and Chemistry. Aggregate not less than 80 out of 200.
Age limit for admission : A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission of would complete the said age on or before 31 st December of the year of admission to the first year B.H.M.S course.
Enrolment of candidates : The Candidates admitted provisionally shall apply to the University for enrolment with 7 days from the date of admission in the prescribed form which shall be down loaded from the University web site : www.tnmmu.ac.in along with the provisional admission card issued by the college/selection committee, Eligibility certificate for non Higher Secondary Course and other State Candidates for under graduate course admission and fee of ₹ 125/- or that may be prescribed by the authorities of the University from time to time.
Registration : A Candidate admitted in the B.H.M.S degree course in any of the affiliated institutions of this University shall register his / her name by submitting the prescribed application form for registration duly filled, along with prescribed fee and also a declaration in the format as in Annexure I of the Regulation for re – admission after break of study to the Controller of Examinations of this University through the affiliated institution with in 60 days from the cut- off date prescribed for B.H.M.S course for admission. The above modifications shall take effect for the candidates admitted from 2003-2004 batch onwards. Fifty percent of the sanctioned strength is filled up through Counselling conducted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University. The remaining seats are filled by the Management from among the candidates who apply for direct admission. The following procedure is followed for direct admission.
- The applicants have to apply in the prescribed application form of the college with necessary fee to be paid for registration of the application.
- The selected candidates will be called for an interview by the Management
- After the interview admission cards will be issued to the candidates who will be given admission
- Candidates selected for admission will have to pay the required fee and necessary certificates as required by the college.
- Selected candidates who fail to turn up for the interview will not be admitted.
- Candidates who get admission cards will have to remit the fee within the prescribed time limit.
- The Selection Committee has the right to admit or refuse admission to any candidate without assigning any reason.
- Each candidate will have to give an undertaking at the time of admission to the effect that he or she will not involve in any kind of ragging throughout the course of study and will abide by all the rules and regulations of the college.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Admission of foreign nationals to the course : Foreign students are eligible to join the course as per the norms prescribed by the Supreme Court of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu. The following documents will b required to admit an eligible foreign student to the course.
- No Objection Certificate from the Government of India ( to be issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi ).
- Migration Certificate.
- Students Visa endorsed by the competent authority.
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University.
- No Objection Certificate issued by the Ambassador or competent authority of the country to which the student belongs for his/her stay and study in India.
- All the relevant travel documents including the Passport and Health Certificate as per the norms.
The foreign nationals will enjoy the conducive climate of the place and the congenial atmosphere in the institution.
Eligibility Certificate : The Candidate who has passed any qualifying Examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated colleges shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fees along with application form and all the required documents.
Procedure to obtain eligible certificate
- Eligibility certificate application at a cost ₹ 25 / – is available at Dr. M.G.R. Medical University sales counter or directly downloaded from the University Website.
- Students should fill and sign the E.C. application form in person.
- The E.C. application should be enclosed with
- Original TC and Xerox Copy.
- +2 Mark sheet in original and Xerox copy.
- Migration Certificate.
- 10th Mark sheet Original and Xerox copy.
- Processing charges will be decided by the University.
Re – Admission after break of study : The procedure shall be as per separate Regulation for re – admission after break of study. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 44 of the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai Act, 1987 ( Tamilnadu Act 37 of 1987 ), the standing academic Board of the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai hereby makes the following regulations.
- Short title and commenecement : These regulations shall be called “The regulations for re -a dmission after break of study for all the U.G. and P.G Degree / Diploma courses of study offered by the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University”. They shall come into force from the acadecmi year 2003 – 2004 onwards., ie., for the candidates admitted from the academic year 2003 – 2004 onwards. The regulations is subject to modification by the standing academic board from time to time.
- Definitions :
- Break of study means any absence for more than three months during the course of study
- Three months for this purpose, a period of ( 90 ) ninety days to be reckoned from the date of absence, irrespective of the number of days in one calendar month
- One year this purpose, a period of ( 12 ) twelve months to be reckoned from the date of absence. For example, if the absence is from 06.05.2003, the ( 12 ) twelve months period shall end on 5.5.2004
- Three year for this purpose, a period of (36) thirty six months to be reckoned from the date of absence. For example, if the absence is from 06.05.2003. the (36) thirty six months period shall end on 05.05.2006
- Five year for this purpose, a period of (60) sixty months to be reckoned from the date of absence. For example, if the absence is form 06.50.2003,. the (60) sixty months period shall end on 05.05.2008
- Ten years for thee purpose, a period of ( 120 ) one hundred and twenty months to be reckoned from the date of absence. For example, if the absence if form 06.05.2003, the ( 12 ) one hundred and twenty months period shall end on 05.05.2013
Procedure for rejoining :
- The candidate having a break of study for more than thee (3) months but less than (10) years shall apply for rejoining the course in the prescribed form as in ANNEXURE II by remitting the stipulated fee for condonation of break of study t the academic officer of this university through the concerned Dean./Principal of the college for issue of necessary permission to rejoin the course. The dean/Principal of the college concerned shall not permit any candidate with a break of study as stipulated above to rejoin the course without obtaining the prior permission from this university.
If any candidate is permitted by the Dean/Principal of the college concerned without the prior permission from this university, to rejoin the course after the break of study the period of such study shall not be considered as a recognized study and the candidate shall not be permitted to write the university examinations based on such study period.
- If the absence is more than three ( 3 ) months but less than three ( 3 ) years, the candidate may be permitted to rejoin at the beginning of the year of study in which the candidate discontinued the course and shall after fulfillment of the Regulations of this University to the course concerned be admitted to the examinations. The candidates shall be exempted in the subjects he / she has already passed.
If the absence is more than three ( 3 ) years but less than ten ( 10 ) years, the candidate shall be permitted to rejoin the course at the beginning of the year of study in which the candidate discontinued course and shall after fulfillment of the Regulations of this University to the course concerned be admitted to the examinations. The candidate shall not be exempted in the subjects already passed in the said year of discontinuance and will be permitted to appear for the examination as prescribed in the Regulations.
- If any candidate completed the course of study, appeared for the final year examinations but failed in one or more subjects and does not consecutively appeared for two supplemental examinations, shall undergo a refresher course for a period of six months after obtaining the permission from the University for undergoing such refresher course in the college in which he/she last studied and obtained certificate to that effect before appearing for the failed subjects of final year examination in the course. The examination application shall be forwarded through the Dean/Principal of the college concerned.
- The period of break of study of the candidate for rejoining the course shall be calculated from the date of first discontinuance of the course.
- All the Under Graduate students have to execute a declaration at the time of registration with this University in this regard in the prescribed form as in Annexure I.
Condonation of the Break :
- The Vice – Chancellor has the power to condone any break of study as defined in Regulation No.2 ( a ) of this Regulations and to issue orders for permitting the candidate to continue the course if such absence is more than three ( 3 ) months but below ten ( 10 ) years. The Dean / Principal of the college shall not permit the candidates to rejoin the course till specific orders are issued by this University.
- If the absence is more than three ( 3 ) months but less than three ( 3 ) years, the candidate may be permitted to rejoin at the beginning of the year of study in which the candidate discontinued the course and shall after fulfillment of the Regulations of this University to the course concerned be admitted to the examinations. The candidates shall be exempted in the subjects he / she has already passed.If the absence is more than three ( 3 ) years but less than ten ( 10 ) years, the candidates shall be permitted to rejoin the course at the beginning of the year of study in which the candidate discontinued the course and shall after fulfillment of the Regulations of this University to the course concerned be admitted to the examinations. The candidate shall not be exempted in the subjects already passed in the said year of discontinuance and will be permitted to appear for the examination as prescribed in the Regulations.
- The details of all the cases of break of study of more than three ( 3 ) years but below ten(10 year permitted by the vice – chancellor shall be informed to the Governing Council then and there.
- Only two spells of break of study will be allowed for the entire duration of the course
- Any break of study beyond ten)10- years in considered as discontinuation of study. This is applicable for all the year of study of the under graduate degree courses concerned however, in exceptional causes is a candidate having a break of study beyond 10 years and the number of break of study is more than two spells the Governing Council, may on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor, shall permit the candidate to rejoin the course under the procedures/conditions stipulated in regulation 3 1(a) and (b) (i) and (ii) above.The candidate shall be permitted to rejoin at the beginning of the first year of the course (ie.,) the candidate has to re-do the course from the beginning and shall after fulfillment of the regulations of this University to the course concerned be admitted to the examinations. The candidate shall not be exempted in the subject already passed.
- If the candidate’s name is not registered with the University within sixty (60) days from the cut off date prescribed for the respective courses for admissions without any valid reasons/grounds for such non-registration, permission for re-admission for such candidates will not be issued by the University.
Fees Details :
For students selected by Government Quota : ₹ 30,000/- each year For students selected by Management Quota : ₹ 45,000/- each year
Application For Management Quota : ₹ 45,000/- per year
Application For Government Quota : ₹ 30,000/- per year
Facilities of hostels
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls
- Play grounds to promote sports and games
- Sprawling campus in a serene atmosphere
Commencement of the course : The academic year for the B.H.M.S course shall commence from 1st August of the year.
Commencement of Examination : Theory examinations not to be held on Saturday and Sunday. If the date of commencement of the examination falls on public holiday, the next working day will be the date of commencement of examinations.
Cut – off Date for admission to Examination : The candidates admitted upto 30th September shall be registered to take up their I Professional Examination after 18 months.
All kinds of admissions shall be completed on or before 30th September of the academic year. There shall not be any admissions after 30th September, even if seats are vacant.
Curriculam : The curriculum and syllabus for the course shall be prescribed by the standing Academic Board from time to time.
Medium of instruction : The Medium of instruction for the B.H.M.S degree course shall be English.
Working days in the Academic Year : Each academic year shall consist of not less than 200 working days.
Attendence Particulars :
- No Candidate shall be permitted to appear for any one of the parts of B.H.M.S. examinations unless he / she has attended the course in the subject for the prescribed duration / hours of study in an affiliated institution recognized by this University and produced the necessary certificate of study, attendance, satisfactory conduct and progress from the Head of the Institution.
- A candidate is required to put in a minimum 75% of attendance as mandatory in both theory and practical separately in each subject before admission to the examination.
- A candidate lacking in the prescribed attendance and progress in any one subject in theory and practical shall not be permitted for admission to the entire examinations in the first appearance.
- No condonation of attendance is permissiable.
Submission of Laboratory record note books: At the time of practical examination, each candidate shall submit to the Examiners his / her laboratory note books duly certified by the Head of the Department as a bonafide record of the work done by candidate.
The concerned Head of the Department shall evaluate the practical record ( Internal Evaluation ) and the practical record marks shall be submitted to the University 15 days prior to the commencement of the theory examinations.
The candidate may be permitted at the discretion of examiners to refer to the practical record note book during the practical examination. No other material, hand written, cyclostyled or printed guide is allowed for reference during the practical examination.
In respect of failed candidates, the marks awarded for record at previous examination will be carried over for the subsequent examination or the candidates shall have the option to improve his performance by submission of fresh records.
Internal Assessment : A minimum of four written examinations shall be conducted in each subject during an academic year and the average marks of three best performances shall be taken in to consideration for award of sessional marks.
A failed candidate in any subject should be provided an opportunity to improve his sessional marks by conducting a minimum of two examination in theory and practical separately and the average may be considered for improvement.
The internal assessment marks ( both in written and practical taken togethe r) should be submitted to the university endorsed by the Head of the Institutions 15 days prior to the commencement of the theory Examinations.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.