Sankara College of Science & Commerce
“The strength of a developed nation depends primarily on the literacy of the nation”. With this vision as a beacon “Kalvichemmal” Sri.T.K.Pattabhiraman set out on a mission to provide quality education and the fruit of that endeavor was the founding of the Coimbatore Educational and Cultural Foundation Trust.
Under the sponsorship of this Trust, Sankara Educational institution was established in the year 1991 with the sole aim of making a modest contribution to the society. The institution was named after the great saint “Adhi Sankararar”.
“In Pursuit of Knowledge” is the prophetic Mission Statement of the college. Sankara Educational Institution is ceaseless in its pursuit of excellence, to provide quality education to all who are in the quest of knowledge.
The student community and the society today have recognized this inspired effort, that Sankara is now one among the most sought after places of learning. The college has a long academic tradition in scholarships; this is coupled with the facilities for the pursuit of knowledge so that it caters to the needs of the rural students who aspire for Arts and Science courses. Lead by a Dynamic Principal, the college has a team of dedicated, efficient and qualified faculty who are mentors, motivators and guides at all times to their wards.
The management is headed by Thiru.T.P.Ramachandran, The Secretary, an able and self – motivated personage. The Administration Block And College Hostel – the “one core” project is to be set off in the coming academic year 2006 – 2007.
This block features the state – of – the – art services would provide a vicinity that fulfills a “perfect administration atmosphere”. A college hostel for boys and girls with all amenities has also been proposed that serve as a Home-Away From Home.
To build a reputable and creditable College, producing quality degree holders at a competitive level in line with the education philosophy. And to revive the traditional heritage of our holy land in the various Spiritual, Cultural, Educational and Technical areas.
To build itself as an organization which is customer oriented and innovative in providing quality technical education and continually improve the same, by the involvement and commitment of every individual in our organization
Sankara College of Science & Commerce Placement Activities
- Part – time job assistance for all students
- On Campus and Off Campus interview Industry Visits
- In plant Training
- Conducting Career Development Programs
- Conducting Programs on Soft Skills
- Industrial Projects
- Conducting aptitude tests, group discussions and technical tests for the students.
- Contact with various Corporate regularly to invite them to the campus for recruitment and also for the Pre – Placement – Talk ( PPT ).
Sankara College of Science & Commerce Courses
UG Courses ( 3 Years )
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication System
- BSc Microbiology
- BSc Catering Science & Hotel Management
- BCom ( Computer Application )
- BBM ( Computer Application )
- MCA (3 Years)
- Department of Management
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Commerce with CA
- Department of Computer Science and Application
- Department of Catering Science and Hotel Management
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Electronics & Communication System
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Tamil
- Department of English
- M Phil in Computer Science ( Part Time / Full Time )
- Diploma in Food production, Bakery and Confectionary
Eligibility : +2 Pass
Duration – 1 Year
Sankara international Institute of Hotel Management
( Affiliated to Government of India, AHTMA, Malaysia )
- BSS no TN / 5352 Authorised training Center
Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering technology
- Eligibility – 10th / +2 Pass or Fail
- Duration – 2 Years
Sankara College of Science & Commerce Departments
- Department of Computer Science,
- Computer Applications & Information Technology,
- Department of Electronics & Communication Systems,
- Department of Microbiology,
- Department of Catering Science & Hotel Management,
Sankara College of Science & Commerce Facilities
- Conference hall
- Seminar hall
- Counseling cell
- School of English
- Remedial Class
Sankara College of Science and Commerce Contacts
Sankara College of Science and Commerce,
Coimbatore – 641 035,
Phone : 0422 – 2665934, 0422 – 2665686,
Residence : 0422 – 2541479,
Mobile : 98430 99535, 98940 59338,
Fax : 0422 – 2666491,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.sankara.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.