CBSE NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2018
Subject : Comparative Literature Syllabus ( Code No : 72 )
There will be two question papers. UGC NET Comparative Literature Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and Paper III will have two Parts – A and B.
Part – A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit. Total marks will be 160.
Part – B will be compulsory and questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidates will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of Comparative Literature Paper III will be 200.
Comparative Literature Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I : The Epistemology of Comparative Literature
- Definition and Scope of Comparative Literature
- Development of the Discipline
Unit – II : Literary Historiography
- History and Literary History
- Elements of Literary History
- Problems of Periodization
Unit – III : The Theory of Genres
- Oral and Written
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern
Unit – IV : Thematology
- Motifs, Myths and Archetypes
- The Diachronic and Synchronic Study of Themes
Unit – V : Comparative Indian Literature
- Themes and Genres
Unit – VI : Literary Theory
- Indian Poetics : Tamil and Sanskrit
- Western Literary Theories
Unit – VII : Cross – cultural Literary Relations
Unit – VIII : Translation Studies
- History of Translation – Indian and Non – Indian.
- Theories of Translation.
- Problems of Translation – Linguistic and Cultural.
Unit – IX : Literature and the Other Arts.
Unit – X : Literature and Other Disciplines – Literature and Cultural Studies.