UGC NET December Home Science Syllabus 2013
|UGC NET 2013 Online Mock Test / Free Trial -|
UGC NET December Home Science Syllabus 2013
Code No. : 12
Subject : Home Science
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Home Science Paper II and Paper III (Part – A & B), UGC NET Home Science Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Home Science Paper II will have two Parts – A and B; UGC NET Home Science Paper III (A) will have 10 short essay – type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e., 10 questions from 10 Units; Total Marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Home Science Paper III ( B ) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( one elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Home Science Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Home Science Paper II & Paper III ( A ) [ Core Group ]
Unit – I : Food Science
Unit – II : Nutrition Science
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Public Nutrition
- Therapeutic Nutrition
Unit – III : Institutional Management
- Management of Hospitality Institutes – Hospital / Hotel / Restaurant / Cafe and Outdoor catering.
- Management of Social Institutes – family as Institute, child care and Geriatric institutes, Panchayats.
- Management of Educational Institutes – Pre – school, Primary and Secondary Schools, ( Colleges and Universities ) Higher Educational Institutes.
- Management of Special Institutes for physically, mentally and socially challenged.
- Challenges and problems faced by Institutions.
Unit – IV : Clothing
- Principles of clothing – Socio – Psychological aspects of Clothing, selection of Fabrics, Clothing and Family Clothing.
- Clothing Construction – basic principles of drafting, flat pattern and draping methods.
- Textile Design – principles and concepts.
- Fashion Design – fashion cycles, business and merchandizing.
- Care and maintenance of textile materials and garments; laundry agents – methods and equipments.
Unit – V : Textiles
- General Properties and Fine Structure of all Textile Fibers.
- Processing and Manufacture of all natural and man – made fibers.
- Definition and Classification of Yarns; Identification of yarns and its use in various fabrics.
- Fabric construction, definition and types of woven, non – woven, knitted and other construction techniques.
- Testings of fibers, yarns and fabric; Importance of quality control and research institutes.
Unit – VI : Resource Management
- Concept of Home management and steps.
- Management of Human Resources; Classification of Resources; Basic Characteristics of Resources.
- Decision making in family; Steps in decision making; Methods of resolving conflicts.
- Work simplification; Importance of work simplification in home; Mundel’s classes of change; Simple pen and pencil technique in work simplification.
- Housing, Interior Design, Principles of Interior Design, Various Colours and Colour Schemes.
- Household equipment – Selection and Care.
Unit – VII : Human Development
- Child Development – Principles and Stages.
- Life Span Development – Theories of Human Development and Behaviour.
- Child rearing, Socialization practices and Dynamics.
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Emerging trends.
- Development problems and disabilities during childhood and adolescence, guidance and counselling.
- Advanced Child Study methods and assessment.
- Women’s Studies, Family Welfare Program – Recent Approaches.
- History and Development of Home Science in Formal / Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Theory and Practices of Program / Curriculum planning and development.
- Management and Administration of Formal / Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation of Formal, Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Vocationalization of Home Science in India.
- Theories and Principles of Guidance and Counselling in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
- Problems and Challenges encountered in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
Unit – IX : Developmental and Educational Communication
- Concept and Classification of Communication
- Traditional Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Modern Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Strategies for Developmental Communication.
- Classroom Communications in Home Science trends.
- Communication for Publicity and Public Relations.
- Change and Challenges in Communication in Contemporary Society.
Unit – X : Methods of Research
- Trends in Research in Home Science.
- Research Designs.
- Types of Research.
- Sampling Techniques.
- Selection and Preparation of Tools for data collection.
- Type of variables and their selection.
- Data collection and classification / coding.
- Analysis of data through parametric and non – parametric statistics
- Report Writing – presentation of data, interpretation and discussion
UGC NET Home Science Paper III ( B ) [ Elective / Optional ]
Elective – I : Food and Nutrition
- Food Science and Quality Control
- Macro and Micro – Nutrients
- Human Nutritional Requirements
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Food Biotechnology
Elective – II : Institutional Management and Dietetics
- Advanced Management and Organisation
- Management of Human Resources
- Experimental Quantity Cookery
- Financial and Profit Management
- Quantity Food Preparation Techniques
- Food Service and Delivery Systems
- Therapeutic Dietetics
Elective – III : Child and Human Development
- Human Development – Rights perspective.
- Principles and Theories of Human Development.
- Early Childhood Care and Development – Strategies, Monitoring and Supervision.
- Children with special needs and Children at Risk ( Child Labour, Street Children, Child Abuse, Chronically Sick ); Intervention Programmes.
- Socialization in various family contexts across different cultures.
- Advances in Assessment of Children.
Elective – IV : Clothing and Textiles
- Textile Chemistry – Fibers and dyes.
- Dyeing, printing and finishing of fibers yarns and fabrics.
- Textile and Apparel Industry – Fundamental of business, specifications, quality control agencies and marketing.
- Historic and Traditional Textiles of world with emphasis on India.
- Curriculum and Teaching in clothing and textiles, analysis and development of curriculum; teaching methods and aids.
- Consumer and Textiles and Clothing.
- Recent developments in Textile and Clothing.
Elective – V : Home and Community Resource Management
- Concept of Home management, System approach to family, Input, Output and feedback.
- Family Resources – Management of Resources like time energy and money; Basic characteristics of Resources; Efficient methods of utilization of Resources.
- Family Life Cycle – Demands upon resources like time, energy and money.
- Concept of Ergonomics – its importance and application in home.
- Concept of Communication process and its importance in family; Barriers in Communication process; Measures for Effective Communication.
- Concept of Work Simplification – its importance in home; Simple pen and pencil technique.
- Consumer Education – Laws protecting consumer; Role of consumer society in protecting consumer; Kinds of adulteration; Identification of adulteration.
Elective – VI : Home Science Extension Education
- Curriculum Development for Formal Education in Home Sciences.
- General and Special Methods of Teaching Home Science.
- Media and Materials for promoting Home Science in Formal / Non – formal / Adult / Extension Education.
- Non – formal and Adult Education in Home Science.
- Extension Education in Home Science.
- Women in Changing India and Plans for their development.
- Self – Employment and Entrepreneurship through Home Science.
- Programmes of extension in Home Science.
- Measurement and Evaluation including monitoring and supervision for Formal / Non – formal / Adult Education / Extension Education.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2014 Navigation : UGC NET Dec Visual Arts Syllabus 2013 , UGC NET December 2013 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Dec 2013 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET December 2013 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET December Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Exam English Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2013 , UGC NET December 2013 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET 2013, UGC NET Home Science Syllabus December 2013, UGC NET Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Home Science Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December 2013 Exam Syllabus, UGC NET JRF Dec 2013 Syllabus, UGC NET Assistant Professor Syllabus 2013, UGC NET 2013 Syllabus Details, UGC NET Exam 2013 Syllabus, UGC Home Science NET Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Examination Syllabus 2013, Syllabus for UGC NET Exam 2013, UGC NET December 2013 Home Science Syllabus Details, UGC NET Syllabus for Home Science 2013, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Entrance Exam Syllabus 2013, Syllabus for UGC NET Dec 2013, UGC NET 2013 Test Syllabus, UGC NET Entrance Exam 2013, UGC NET Dec Notifications 2013, UGC NET Home Science Study Material 2013, UGC NET Dec Home Science Question Papers 2013, UGC NET Home Science Sample Papers 2013,
UGC NET Home Science December Syllabus 2013 – UGC NET Dec 2013 Home Syllabus – UGC NET December Syllabus Details 2013
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net december home science syllabus 2013 by sharon