UGC NET June Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus 2014
|UGC NET 2014 Online Mock Test / Free Trial -|
UGC NET June 2014 Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus
Code No. : 55
Subject : Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations, Labour and Social Welfare, Human Resource Management.
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Labour Paper II and Paper III ( Part – A & B ). UGC NET Labour Welfare Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Labour Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Paper III ( A ) will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e., 10 questions from 10 units: Total marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Paper III ( B ) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( one elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Labour Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Labour Paper II & Paper III ( A ) ( Core Group ) :
- Schools of Management thought – Scientific Management School, Human Relations School, Behaviour School, System Approach.
- Function of Management – Planning : Types, Steps, Organising.
- Direction, Control, Coordination, Communication.
Unit – II :
- Personnel Management : Functions, Structure of Personnel Department, Line and Staff, Job Analysis, Manpower Planning, New Challenges.
- Recruitment and Selection, Placement and Induction.
- Wage and Salary Administration, Job evaluation, Methods of Wage payment linking wages with productivity.
- Grievance handling and Disciplinary action.
Unit – III :
- HRD Concept, Importance, Evolution, Functions, Organisation of HRD Function.
- Performance appraisal, Training and Development, Quality of worklife, Career planning, Quality circles.
- Training Programmes for workers, Management Development Programmes, Evaluation of training.
Unit – IV :
- Organisational Behaviour : Concept, Importance, Evolution, Role, Group dynamics.
- Motivation, Leadership, Job satisfaction, Morale, Fatigue and Monotony.
- Organisational change and Development, Organisational effectiveness.
Unit – V :
- Industrial Relations : Concept, Scope, Approaches, Industrial Relations System.
- Industrial disputes : Causes, Effects, Trends, Methods and Machinery for the settlement of Industrial disputes.
- Workers participation in Management, Code of discipline, Tripartite bodies, ILO, Industrial relations and the new economic reforms.
Unit – VI :
- Trade Unions : Meaning, Objectives, Functions, Theories, Structure of Trade Unions.
- Trade Union Movement in India, Leadership, Finance, Union Politics, Inter and rutia – union Rivalry.
Unit – VII :
- Labour legislation, Objectives, Principles, Classification, Evolution of labour’ legislation in India, Impact of ILO, Labour legislation and Indian Constitution.
- Factories Act, 1948.
- Employees State Insurance Act, 1948; Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923; Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
Unit – VIII :
- Trade Unions Act, 1926; Industrial Employment ( Standing orders ) Act, 1946; Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948; Payment of Wages Act, 1936; Equal Remuneration Act, 1976; Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
Unit – IX :
- Labour Welfare : Meaning, Definition, Scope, Theories, Principles and approaches.
- Statutory and Non – statutory labour welfare : Intra – mural and extra – mural welfare.
- Agencies of Labour Welfare : State, Employer, Trade Unions, Voluntary Agencies.
Unit – X :
- Labour Market, Features, Demand and Supply of Labour, Nature and Composition of Indian Labour Force, Unemployment and Under employment.
- Concepts of wages, State Regulation of wages, Fixation of wages, Wage theories, Wage differentials.
UGC NET Labour Welfare Paper III ( B ) ( Elective / Optional ) :
Elective – I :
Role of parties, Conflict, Cooperation, Industrial Actions, Bi-partitism, Tripartitism, Codes, Industrial Relations in changing scenario, Emerging trend, Future of Industrial Relations, Industrial Relations in UK and USA.
Elective – II :
Personnel Management and Economic Reforms, New Challenges, Down sizing, Golden handshake, Total quality Management, Training and Management development, Organisational change and Development, Emerging HRM concept, Personnel Management and the Multinational companies.
Elective – III :
Principles of labour legislation, Factors and forces influencing the growth of labour legislation in India, Implementation machinery. Evaluation of labour legislation, Proposed changes, Impact of ILO.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2014 Navigation : UGC NET June Visual Arts Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June 2014 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET June 2014 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET June Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June Exam English Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June 2014 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET 2014, UGC NET Exam June Syllabus Details 2014, UGC June NET Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus 2014, UGC NET June 2014 Labour Welfare Syllabus, UGC NET June 2014 Industrial Relations Syllabus, UGC Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus 2014, UGC NET Human Resource Management Syllabus 2014, NET Labour Welfare Syllabus June 2014, UGC NET June 2014 Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus for 2014, UGC NET Exam June 2014 Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus June 2014, UGC NET Syllabus of Labour Welfare 2014, UGC NET June 2014 Syllabus Details, UGC NET Syllabus of Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations, Syllabus for UGC NET June 2014, UGC Industrial Relations Syllabus 2014, UGC June 2014 NET Syllabus, UGC NET 2014 Exam Labour Welfare Syllabus, UGC NET Entrance Exam 2014, UGC NET June Notification 2014,
UGC NET June Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus 2014 | UGC NET June Syllabus 2014
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net june labour welfare and industrial relations syllabus 2014 by sharon