UGC NET January Law Syllabus 2017
Code No. : 58 CBSE NET January 2017 Law Syllabus
Subject : Law
There will be two questions papers, UGC NET Law Paper II and Paper III ( Part – A & B ). UGC NET Law Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Law Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Part – A will have 10 short essay – type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit; Total marks will be 160.
Part – B will be compulsory and questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Law Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Law Paper II :
1. Constitutional Law of India :
- Fundamental Rights and Duties.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union State Legislative Relations.
- Emergency Provisions
- Amendment of the Constitution.
- Writ Jurisdiction
2. Legal Theory :
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Positivism, Natural. Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence.
- Theories of Punishment.
- Rights and Duties.
- Concepts of Possession and Ownership.
3. Public International Law :
- Nature of International Law and its relationship with Municipal Law.
- Sources of International Law.
- Recognition of States and Governments.
- United Nations
- Settlement of International Disputes.
- Human Rights
4. Family Law :
- Concepts in Family Law.
- Sources of Family Law in India.
- Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage.
5. Law of Contracts : General Principles
- Essentials of a valid contract.
- Offer, acceptance and consideration.
- Capacity to Contract : Minor’s contract.
- Elements vitiating contract : Mistake, fraud, misrepresentation, public policy, coercion, undue influence, frustration of contract.
- Remedies for breach of contract : Damages.
6. Law of Torts :
- Foundation of Tortuous Liability.
- General Defences to an action of Torty.
- Vicarious Liability
- Remoteness of Damages.
- Contributory Negligence
- Absolute and Strict Liability.
7. Law of Crimes : General Principles
- Nature and Definition of Offence.
- General Exceptions
- Common Intention and Common Object.
- Criminal Attempt, Conspiracy and Abetment.
- Offences against Women.
8. Labour Law :
- Concepts : Industry, Industrial Dispute and Workman.
- Trade Unions : Rights and Immunities of Registered Trade Union; Registration and its advantages.
- Methods for Settlement of Industrial Disputes under Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Strike and Lockout as Instruments of Collective Bargaining.
- Retrenchment, Lay – off and Closures.
UGC NET Law Paper III ( Parts A & B ) ( Core and Elective / Optional ) :
Unit – I :
- Essential Features of Indian Constitution.
- Distribution of Legislative Powers between Union and States.
- Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Parliament and State Legislatures
- Amending Process of the Constitution.
- Role of Election Commission in Democratic Process.
Unit – II :
- Nature, Scope and Importance of Administrative Law.
- Principles of Natural Justice.
- Administrative Discretion and its control.
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action-Writ Jurisdiction.
- Lokpal and Lokayukta.
Unit – III :
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Legal Concepts : Right, Duty, Ownership, Possession and Person
- Judicial Process : Application of Doctrine of Precedent of India.
- Judicial Contribution in Bringing Social Changes.
- Law and Morality.
Unit – IV :
- General Principles of Criminal Law-meaning, nature, essentials and stages of offence.
- Joint Liability; Abetment and Criminal Conspiracy.
- Offences against Human Body.
- Offences against Property.
Unit – V :
- Environmental Pollution : Meaning of Environment and Environmental Pollution; Kinds of Pollution.
- Legislative Measures for Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution in India – Air and Water Pollution and General Protection of Environment.
- International Development for protection of Environmental Pollution.
- Remedies for Environmental Protection : Civil, Criminal and Constitutional.
- Importance of Forest and Wildlife in protecting environment.
- Environmental impact assessment and control of Hazardous wastes.
Unit – VI :
- Nature of International Law and its sources.
- Concept of sovereignty and its relevance today.
- Recognition of State and Governments.
- Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Status of Refugees.
- International Court of Justice.
- UNO and its organs.
- Global Trade Regime under International Law.
Unit – VII :
- Adoption and Guardianship
- Matrimonial Remedies
- Uniform Civil Code
Unit – VIII :
- Concept and Development of Human Rights.
- Contribution of United Nations in the development and implementation of Human Rights.
- Implementation of Human Rights in India : Role of National Human Rights Commission.
- Protection of Marginalised Groups : Women, Children, Minorities and Refugees.
Unit – IX :
- Nature and definition of Tort.
- General Principles of Tortuous Liability.
- Specific Torts : Negligence, Nuisance and Defamation.
- Absolute Liability : Emerging trends in India.
- Consumer Protection : Evolution of Consumer Rights and Redressal of Consumer Grievances.
Unit – X :
- Partnership Act : Nature and essentials of partnership mutual rights and liabilities of partners, advantages of registration of firms.
- Sales of Goods Act.
- Negotiable Instruments Act.
- Company Law : Role of Directors, Doctrines of Indoor Management and Ultra Vires.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2017 Navigation : UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Visual Arts, UGC NET January 2017 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Electronic Science Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET Environmental Sciences Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Folk Literature Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tribal and Regional Language / Literature, UGC NET January 2017 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January Criminology Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Archaeology, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Geography, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management, UGC NET January Performing Arts Dance Drama Theater Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET January Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January Exam English Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET Syllabus for Law 2017, UGC Syllabus 2017, CBSE NET 2017 Law Syllabus, UGC NET January Law Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Law Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET 2017 Syllabus Download, NET UGC January 2017 Syllabus, UGC NET 2017 Examination Syllabus, UGC NET January Exam Syllabus 2017, Law Syllabus for CBSE NET 2017, Syllabus for UGC NET January 2017, UGC NET Syllabus Question Bank, UGC NET Syllabus of Law 2017, NET UGC Syllabus for Law 2017, CBSE NET 2017 Entrance Exam Syllabus, NET UGC Syllabus Law 2017, NET Syllabus 2017, CBSE Syllabus for Law 2017, UGC NET 2017 Law Solved Papers, UGC NET Entrance Test Syllabus of Law 2017, CBSE National Eligibility Test January Syllabus 2017 ,
Code No. : 58 CBSE NET January 2017 Law Syllabus Subject : Law Note : There will be two questions papers, UGC NET Law Paper II and Paper III ( Part – A & B ). UGC NET Law Paper II … Continue reading
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net january law syllabus 2017 by nirmala