UGC NET December Law Syllabus 2013
|UGC NET 2013 Online Mock Test / Free Trial -|
UGC NET December 2013 Law Syllabus
Code No. : 58
Subject : Law
There will be two questions papers, UGC NET Law Paper II and Paper III ( Part – A & B ). UGC NET Law Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Law Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Part – A will have 10 short essay – type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit; Total marks will be 160.
Part – B will be compulsory and questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Law Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Law Paper II :
1. Constitutional Law of India :
- Fundamental Rights and Duties.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union State Legislative Relations.
- Emergency Provisions
- Amendment of the Constitution.
- Writ Jurisdiction
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Positivism, Natural. Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence.
- Theories of Punishment.
- Rights and Duties.
- Concepts of Possession and Ownership.
3. Public International Law :
- Nature of International Law and its relationship with Municipal Law.
- Sources of International Law.
- Recognition of States and Governments.
- United Nations
- Settlement of International Disputes.
- Human Rights
4. Family Law :
- Concepts in Family Law.
- Sources of Family Law in India.
- Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage.
5. Law of Contracts : General Principles
- Essentials of a valid contract.
- Offer, acceptance and consideration.
- Capacity to Contract : Minor’s contract.
- Elements vitiating contract : Mistake, fraud, misrepresentation, public policy, coercion, undue influence, frustration of contract.
- Remedies for breach of contract : Damages.
6. Law of Torts :
- Foundation of Tortuous Liability.
- General Defences to an action of Torty.
- Vicarious Liability
- Remoteness of Damages.
- Contributory Negligence
- Absolute and Strict Liability.
7. Law of Crimes : General Principles
- Nature and Definition of Offence.
- General Exceptions
- Common Intention and Common Object.
- Criminal Attempt, Conspiracy and Abetment.
- Offences against Women.
8. Labour Law :
- Concepts : Industry, Industrial Dispute and Workman.
- Trade Unions : Rights and Immunities of Registered Trade Union; Registration and its advantages.
- Methods for Settlement of Industrial Disputes under Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Strike and Lockout as Instruments of Collective Bargaining.
- Retrenchment, Lay – off and Closures.
UGC NET Law Paper III ( Parts A & B ) ( Core and Elective / Optional ) :
Unit – I :
- Essential Features of Indian Constitution.
- Distribution of Legislative Powers between Union and States.
- Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Parliament and State Legislatures
- Amending Process of the Constitution.
- Role of Election Commission in Democratic Process.
Unit – II :
- Nature, Scope and Importance of Administrative Law.
- Principles of Natural Justice.
- Administrative Discretion and its control.
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action-Writ Jurisdiction.
- Lokpal and Lokayukta.
Unit – III :
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Legal Concepts : Right, Duty, Ownership, Possession and Person Judicial. Process : Application of Doctrine of Precedent of India.
- Judicial Contribution in Bringing Social Changes.
- Law and Morality.
- General Principles of Criminal Law-meaning, nature, essentials and stages of offence.
- Joint Liability; Abetment and Criminal Conspiracy.
- Offences against Human Body.
- Offences against Property.
Unit – V :
- Environmental Pollution : Meaning of Environment and Environmental Pollution; Kinds of Pollution.
- Legislative Measures for Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution in India – Air and Water Pollution and General Protection of Environment.
- International Development for protection of Environmental Pollution.
- Remedies for Environmental Protection : Civil, Criminal and Constitutional.
- Importance of Forest and Wildlife in protecting environment.
- Environmental impact assessment and control of Hazardous wastes.
Unit – VI :
- Nature of International Law and its sources.
- Concept of sovereignty and its relevance today.
- Recognition of State and Governments.
- Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Status of Refugees.
- International Court of Justice.
- UNO and its organs.
- Global Trade Regime under International Law.
Unit – VII :
- Adoption and Guardianship
- Matrimonial Remedies
- Uniform Civil Code
Unit – VIII :
- Concept and Development of Human Rights.
- Contribution of United Nations in the development and implementation of Human Rights.
- Implementation of Human Rights in India : Role of National Human Rights Commission.
- Protection of Marginalised Groups : Women, Children, Minorities and Refugees.
Unit – IX :
- Nature and definition of Tort.
- General Principles of Tortuous Liability.
- Specific Torts : Negligence, Nuisance and Defamation.
- Absolute Liability : Emerging trends in India.
- Consumer Protection : Evolution of Consumer Rights and Redressal of Consumer Grievances.
Unit – X :
- Partnership Act : Nature and essentials of partnership mutual rights and liabilities of partners, advantages of registration of firms.
- Sales of Goods Act.
- Negotiable Instruments Act.
- Company Law : Role of Directors, Doctrines of Indoor Management and Ultra Vires.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2013 Navigation : UGC NET Dec Visual Arts Syllabus 2013 , UGC NET December 2013 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Dec 2013 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET December 2013 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET December 2013 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET December Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Exam English Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2013 , UGC NET December 2013 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET Syllabus for Law 2013, UGC Syllabus 2013, UGC NET 2013 Law Syllabus, UGC NET December Law Syllabus 2013, UGC NET December 2013 Law Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus December 2013, UGC NET 2013 Syllabus Download, NET UGC December 2013 Syllabus, UGC NET 2013 Examination Syllabus, UGC NET December Exam Syllabus 2013, Law Syllabus for UGC NET 2013, Syllabus for UGC NET December 2013, UGC NET Syllabus Question Bank, UGC NET Syllabus of Law 2013, NET UGC Syllabus for Law 2013, UGC NET 2013 Entrance Exam Syllabus, NET UGC Syllabus Law 2013, NET Syllabus 2013, UGC Syllabus for Law 2013, UGC NET 2013 Law Solved Papers, UGC NET Entrance Test Syllabus of Law 2013, UGC National Eligibility Test December Syllabus 2013,
UGC NET Law Syllabus 2013 – UGC NET Syllabus for Law 2013 – UGC NET December 2013 Syllabus – UGC NET Syllabus 2013 – UGC NET Exam Dec 2013 Syllabus – UGC NET Syllabus Question Papers – UGC NET Syllabus Question Bank – UGC NET Law Solved Papers
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net december law syllabus 2013 by sharon