UGC NET June Library and Information Science Syllabus 2015
|**Important : It is notified that UGC has assigned the responsibilities to the CBSE for conducting the UGC NET June 2015.|
CBSE NET June 2015 Library and Information Science Syllabus
Code No. : 59
Subject : Library and Information Science
There will be two question papers. UGC NET Library Information Science Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion-Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and UGC NET Library Information Science Paper III will have two Parts – A and B.
Part – A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit.
Total marks will be 160. Part – B will be compulsory and Questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Library Information Science Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Library Information Science Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B ) :
Unit – I :
- Information : Information Science, Information Society.
- Information as a Resource / Commodity.
- Information Transfer Cycle : Generation, Collection, Storage and Dissemination.
- Role of information in Planning, Management. Socio – economic Development.
- Technology transfer Communication : Channels, barriers.
- Intellectual Property Rights : Concept, Copyright, Censorship – Print and Non – print Media.
- Library and Information Policy at the National Level.
Unit – II :
- Laws of Library Science.
- Library Resource Sharing and Networking.
- Library Movement and Library Legislation in India.
- Library Extension Services.
- Library and Information Science Education in India.
- Library and Information Profession.
- Library Associations in India, UK and USA : ILA, IASLIC, IATLIS. SIS, LA, ASLIB, SLA and ALA.
- Library Associations Organizations at International level : FID, IFLA and UNESCO.
Unit – III :
- Sources of Information : Primary, Secondary and Tertiary – Documentary and Non – documentary.
- Reference Sources : Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Geographical Sources, Biographical Sources, Year – books / Almanacs, Directories, and Handbooks, Statistical ( salient features and evaluation ).
- Bibliographical Sources : Bibliographies, Union Catalogues, Indexing and Abstracting Journals ( salient features and evaluation ) E – documents, E – books. E – Journals.
- Databases : Bibliographic,Numeric / and Full text – Evaluation.
Unit – IV :
- Reference and Information services, Referral Service.
- Bibliographic Service, Indexing and Abstracting Service, CAS, SDI, Digest Service, Trend Report.
- Online Services
- Translation Services
- Reprographic Services
Unit – V :
- Organisation of knowledge / information.
- Modes of formation of subjects.
- Library Classification : Canons and Principles.
- Library Classification Schemes : DDC, UDG and CG.
- Library Cataloguing : Canons and Principles.
- Library Cataloguing Codes : CCC and AACR – II.
- Bibliographic Records : International standards – ISBDs, MARC and CCF.
- Indexing : Pre – coordlnate, Post – coordinate.
- Vocabulary Control : Thesaurus, lists of Subject Headings.
- Databases : Search Strategies, Boolean Operators.
- Knowledge Management
Unit – VI :
- Management : Principles, Functions, Schools of Thought Planing, Organization Structure Decision making.
- System Study : Analysis, Evaluation and Design.
- Collection Development : Books, Serials, Non – book Materials – Selection, Acquisition, Maintenance; ISBN, ISSN, Cataloging – in – Publication ( CIP ).
- Human Resources Management : Manpower Planning, Job analysis, Job description, Selection, Recruitment, Motivation Training and Development, Staff Manual.
- Leadership and Performance.
- Evaluation Delegation of authority.
- Financial Management : Resource Generation, Types of Budgeting, Cost and Cost – Benefit analysis.
- PERT, CPM
- Library Buildings and Equipments.
- Performance Evaluation of Libraries / Information Centres and Services. Marketing Information product and services Total Quality Management ( TQM ).
Unit – VII :
- Information Technology : Components; Impact of IT on Society.
- Computers : Hardware, Software, Storage – Devices, Input / Output Devices.
- Telecommunication : Transmission media, Switching systems, Bandwidth, Multiplexing, Modulation, Protocols, Wireless Communication Fax, E – Mail, Tele – conferencing / Video – conferencing, Bulletin Board Service, Teletext, Videotex, Voice Mail.
- Networking : Concepts, Topologies, Types – LAN, MAN and WAN Hypertext, Hypermedia, Multimedia.
- Integrated Services Digital Network ( ISDN ), Open Systems Interconnection ( OSI ).
Unit – VIII :
- Library Automation : Areas of automation. Planning, Hardware and Software Selection, OPAC.
- Networks : ERNET, NICNET; DELNET, JANET, BLAISE, OCLC, INFLIBNET.
- Internet : Components, Services, Browsing – Web Browsers, Search Engines Meta – Data, Digital Object Identifier ( DOI ).
- National and International Information Systems : NISSAT, NASSDOC, INSDOC, DESIDOC, INIS, AGRIS, MEDLARS, INSPEC.
Unit – IX :
- Types of Research : Basic, Applied, Interdisciplinary, Research Design, Scientific Method, Hypotheses, Data Collection, Sampling.
- Methods of Research : Historical, Descriptive, Case Study, Survey, Comparative and Experimental.
- Statistical Methods, Data Analysis.
- Report Writing
- Research Methods in library and Information Science and Services. Bibliometrics
Unit – X :
- Types of Libraries : National, Public, Academic and Special Objectives, Structure and Functions.
- Digital Libraries : Concept
- Virtual Libraries : Concept
- Types of users, User studies, User education.
- Role of UGC in the growth and development of libraries and information centres in institutions of higher education in India.
- Role of Raja Rammohan Roy Library Foundation ( RRLF ).
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2015 Navigation : UGC NET June Visual Arts Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June 2015 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET June 2015 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET June 2015 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET June Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June English Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June 2015 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET 2015, UGC NET Library Information Science Syllabus 2015, CBSE NET Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June Library and Information Science Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June 2015 JRF Syllabus, CBSE NET 2015 Information Science Syllabus, UGC NET Assistant Professor Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June Syllabus 2015, UGC NET June Syllabus Details 2015, UGC NET JuneLibrary Science Syllabus 2015, CBSE NET Exam 2015 Syllabus, UGC NET June Examination Syllabus, NET Syllabus for Library and Information Science 2015, Syllabus for UGC NET Exam 2015, UGC NET 2015 Syllabus Papers, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2015, CBSE NET June Syllabus for Information Science 2015, UGC NET Entrance Exam Syllabus 2015, Syllabus for UGC NET June 2015, UGC NET 2015 Test Syllabus, UGC NET Entrance Exam 2015, CBSE NET June Notifications 2015, UGC NET Library Information Science Question Paper 2015, CBSE NET 2015 Sample Papers,
UGC NET Library and Information Science June Syllabus 2015 – UGC NET June 2015 Syllabus Details – UGC NET June Syllabus 2015
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net june library and information science syllabus 2015 by vennila