UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
|Important : UGC NET June 2016 Exam date announced. Detail Notification will be available soon. Often visit this page for regular updates.|
CBSE NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
Code No. 63
Subject : Mass Communication and Journalism
There will be two question papers. UGC NET Mass Communication Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and UGC NET Mass Communication Paper III will have two Parts – A and B.
Part – A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit. Total marks will be 160.
Part – B will be compulsory and Questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Mass Communication Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Mass Communication Paper II & Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I
- Communication and Journalism – Basic terms, Concepts and definition, Nature and Process.
- Types of Communication.
- Mass Communication – Nature of Media and Content.
- Mass Communication in India – Reach, access and Nature of Audience.
Unit – II
- Role of Media in Society.
- Characteristics of Indian Society – Demographic and Sociological impact of media in general.
- Impact of media on specific audiences – Women, children, etc.
- Mass media effects studies and their limitations.
- Mass campaigns for specific issues – Social concerns, environment, human rights, gender equality.
- The press, radio, television, cinema and traditional form of communication.
Unit – III
- Journalism as a Profession.
- Journalists – Their role and responsibilities.
- Indian Constitution and freedom of press.
- Research Restrictions.
- Ethics and Journalism.
- Careers in Journalism and Mass Media.
- Training – Problems, perception and response by the industry Media management – Principles and practices.
- Professional organisations in Media
- Media Laws in India.
Unit – IV
- History of Print and Broadcast media in general with particular reference to India.
- Post – independent developments in print.
- Newspapers – English and Indian language press – major landmarks.
- Magazines – Their role, bookphase and contemporary situation.
- Small newspapers – Problems and prospects.
- Press Commission, Press Councils – Their recommendations and status.
- Development of Radio after independence – Extension role, radio rural forums and local broadcasting – General and specific audience programs.
- Development of Television – Perception, initial development and experimental approach; SITE phase and evaluation; Expansion of television – Post – Asiad phase, issues concerns and debates over a period of time.
- Committees in broadcasting – Background, recommendations and implementation.
- Cinema – Historical overview and contemporary analysis – Commercial, parallel and documentary genres – Problems and prospects for the film industry.
Unit – V
- Communication and theories of social change.
- Role of media in social change – Dominant paradigms.
- Critique of the Dominant paradigm and alternative conception.
- Development initiatives – State, market and the third force (NGO sector).
- Participatory approaches and community media – Ownership and management perspectives.
Unit – VI
- Introduction of research methods and process
- Mass communication research – Historical overview
- Administrative and critical traditions
- Effects research – Strengths and Limitations.
- Communication research in India – Landmark studies related to SITE.
- Content analysis – Quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Market research and its relationship to Communication particularly advertising.
- Sampling techniques – Strengths and Limitations.
- Statistical methods of analysis basics.
Unit – VII
- Colonial Structures of Communication.
- Decolonisation and aspirations of nations.
- Conflicts related to media coverage and representation.
- International news agencies – Critique.
- MacBride Commission – Recommendations and policy options.
- Contemporary issues related to transnational broadcasting and its impact on culture, various perspectives and cultural impact.
- Convergence of media – Problems and options.
- Media Policies in an International Context.
- India’s position and approach to international communication issues.
Unit – VIII
- Radio & TV and Video as Media of Communication.
- Grammar of TV & Radio and Video.
- The Production Team.
- Role of Producer.
- Different Types of Programs :
- Writing for Radio
- Writing for TV – Researching for Scripts
- The Visual Language
- Camera Movements
- Basic Theories of Composition – Cues and Commands.
- Formats for Radio – Television – News, Sitcoms, Features, Commercials, Operas, Documentaries, Cinema, Theatre, Drama.
- Editing Theory and Practice.
- Sound Design, Microphones, Sets and Lighting.
- Satellite, Cable television, Computers, Microchips.
Unit – IX
- Ad copy and Layout.
- Public Relations.
- Public Opinion.
Unit – X
- The Techniques.
- Different forms of writing.
- Printing Technology and Production methods.
- News agencies.
- Syndicates and Freelancing.
- Specialised areas of Journalism.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2016 Navigation : UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Visual Arts, UGC NET June 2016 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET June 2016 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus June 2016, UGC NETJune Electronic Science Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET Environmental Sciences Syllabus June 2016, UGC NET June Folk Literature Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Tribal and Regional Language / Literature, UGC NET June 2016 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June Criminology Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Archaeology, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Geography, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management, UGC NET June Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET June Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June Exam English Syllabus 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus, UGC NET June 2016 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET Entrance Exam Syllabus 2016, CBSE NET 2016 Syllabus Details, UGC NET June 2016 Assistant Professor Syllabus, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET 2016 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, CBSE NET Syllabus 2016 Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET 2016 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus Detail, UGC NET 2016 Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus, Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus for UGC NET 2016, Syllabus for UGC NET June 2016, UGC NET Exam June 2016 Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus June 2016, UGC June NET Mass Communication and Journalism Download 2016, UGC NET June 2016 Syllabus Details, UGC June NET 2016 Syllabus Material of Mass Communication and Journalism 2016, UGC Mass Communication and Journalism 2016, CBSE June 2016 NET Syllabus, UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus Material 2016,
Important : UGC NET June 2016 Exam date announced. Detail Notification will be available soon. Often visit this page for regular updates. CBSE NET June 2016 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism Code No. 63 Subject : Mass Communication and … Continue reading
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net june 2016 syllabus for mass communication and journalism by shanmugapriya