UGC NET December 2014 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
|**Important : It is notified that UGC has assigned the responsibilities to the CBSE for conducting the UGC NET December 2014.|
CBSE NET December Museology and Conservation Syllabus 2014
Code No. : 66
Subject : Museology and Conservation
There will be two question papers. UGC NET Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and UGC NET Paper III will have two Parts – A and B.
Part – A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit. Total marks will be 160.
Part – B will be compulsory and Questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Paper II and Paper III ( Parts A & B )
Unit – I
- Definition of Museum.
- Definition of Museology / Museography.
- History of Development of Museum – World / India.
- Types of Museums – India.
- Para Museums.
- Rural Museums – their problems.
- Role of Museum in Society.
- Museum accountability.
- Museum in changing world.
- Museum Movement and International Organization.
- Professional associations and their relevance.
Unit – II
- History of Collection – World.
- Theoretical issues and value based collection / objectives.
- Methods of Collection.
- Ethics of Collection.
- History of Documentation / aim and objectives.
- Registration Methods / Indexing / Cataloguing.
- Exhibition Documentation.
- Conservation / Restoration Documentation.
- Computerization / Multimedia.
Unit – III
- History / Archaeology / Architecture.
- Ethnology / Anthropology / Folk Literature.
- History of Art / Fine Arts / Performing Art.
- National History and Physical Sciences.
Unit – IV
- General Principles of presentation.
- Organization and planning of gallery / exhibition.
- Nature and types of exhibition.
- Permanent / temporary exhibition.
- Types of Museum Lighting – Natural and Artificial – their merits and demerits.
- Effects of light on textiles, paintings, natural history specimens.
- Preparation of blue print and stages of work.
- Selection of materials research for data input.
- Execution of presentation (layout, exhibit – design, stages of mounting illumination).
Unit – V
- Communication Techniques.
- Lable / Lable Writing.
- Audio – Visual Techniques / Application.
- Orientation and guiding.
- Other Complimentary Techniques and Application.
Unit – VI
- General Principles and Theoretical issues.
- Educational Role of the Museum.
- Educational Services and Facilities.
- Extension Services / out reach program.
- Special Services to Physically handicapped.
- Cultural Resources in Museum Education.
Unit – VII
- General Principles of Public Relations.
- Nature of Public Relations and its application in museum.
- Media Outlets – Print Media, Electronic Media.
- Information Technology in Museums.
- Public Facilities and Services.
- Classification of Museum visitors – its need.
- Friends of the Museum and Voluntary Services.
- Museum Marketing Strategy.
Unit – VIII
- Analysis of Materials.
- Factors of Deterioration.
- Pest Control in Museums.
- Sterilization / prevention / first aid.
- Preservation / Conservation / Lining / Darning.
Unit – IX
- Handling / Care.
- Storage Organisation.
- Packing and Transportation Regulations.
- Insurance / Other Safeguards.
- Museum Security against fire, theft and burglary, armed conflict.
Unit – X
- Principles of Museum Management.
- Administrative Structures of Museum.
- Museum Administration Personnel Finance.
- Policy Planning and Quality Development.
- Museum Security and Maintenance.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2015 Navigation : UGC NET December Visual Arts Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2015 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET December 2014 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET December Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December English Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET 2014, CBSE NET Syllabus Museology and Conversation December 2014, UGC NET JRF 2014 Exam Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC December 2014 Museology and Conversation Syllabus, UGC NET 2014 Exam Museology and Conversation Syllabus, CBSE NET 2014 Assistant Professor Syllabus, CBSE NET Museology and Conversation Syllabus December 2014, UGC NET 2014 Museology and Conversation Syllabus Download, NET UGC Syllabus Museology and Conversation 2014, CBSE NET 2014 Entrance Test Museology and Conversation Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Entrance Syllabus for Museology and Conversation, UGC NET December 2014 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC Museology and Conversation December 2014, Museology and Conservation Syllabus for UGC NET December 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Entrance Exam, UGC National Eligibility Test Museology and Conservation Syllabus 2014, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2014,
UGC NET Museology and Conservation Syllabus 2014 – Definition of Museum – History of Collection World – Communication Techniques – Public Relations
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net december 2014 syllabus for museology and conservation by sudha