UGC NET January Syllabus for Physical Education 2017
Code No : 47 CBSE NET January 2017 Syllabus for Physical Education
Subject : Physical Education
There will be two question papers. UGC NET Physical Education Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and UGC NET Paper III will have two Parts – A and B.
Part – A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit.
Total marks will be 160. Part – B will be compulsory and questions will be set from Unit – I to Unit – X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Physical Education Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I
- Introduction to and definition, aim and objectives of Physical Education and other terms – health education and recreation.
- Philosophies of Education as applied to Physical Education – Idealism, Naturalism, Realism, Pragmatism, Existentialism, Humanism.
- Biological basis of physical activity – benefits of exercise, growth and exercise, exercise. and well – being sex and age characteristics of adolescent, body types.
- Psychological basis of Physical Education – Play and Play theories, general principles of growth and development, Principles of motor – skill acquisition, transfer of training effects.
- Sociological basis of Physical Education – socialization process, social nature of men and physical activity, sports as cultural heritage of mankind, customs, traditions and sport, competition and cooperation.
- Physical Education in ancient Greece, Rome and Contemporary Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Russia.
- Olympic Movement – Historical development of Ancient and Modern Olympic Games.
- Physical Education in India.
Unit – II
- Physiology of Muscular activity, Neurotransmission and Movement mechanism.
- Physiology of respiration.
- Physiology of blood circulation.
- Factors influencing performance in sports.
- Bioenergetics and recovery process.
- Athletic injuries – their management and rehabilitation.
- Therapeutic modalities.
- Ergogenic aids and doping.
Unit – III
- Joints and their movements – planes and axes.
- Kinetics, Kinematics-linear and angular, levers.
- Laws of motion, principles of equilibrium and force, spin and elasticity.
- Posture, Postural deformities and their correction.
- Muscular analysis of Motor movement.
- Mechanical analysis of various sports activities.
- Mechanical analysis of fundamental movements – ( running, jumping, throwing, pulling and pushing ).
- Massage manipulation and therapeutic exercises.
Unit – IV
- Learning process – theories and laws of learning.
- Motivation, theories and dynamics of motivation in sports.
- Psychological factors affecting sports performance – viz., stress, anxiety, tension and aggression.
- Personality, its dimensions, theories, personality and performance.
- Individual differences and their impact on skill learning and performance.
- Group dynamics, team cohesion and leadership in sports.
- Sociometrics, economics and politics in sports.
- Media and sports.
Unit – V
- Development of teacher education in Physical Education.
- Professional courses in Sports and Physical Education in India.
- Professional Ethics.
- Qualities and Qualifications of Physical Educational Personnel.
- Principles of curriculum planning.
- Course content for academic and professional courses.
- Age characteristics of pupils and selection of activities.
- Construction of class and school Physical Education time table.
Unit – VI
- Health – Guiding principles of health and health education.
- Nutrition and dietary manipulations.
- Health – related fitness, obesity and its management.
- Environmental and occupational hazards and first aid.
- Communicable diseases – their preventive and therapeutic aspect.
- School health program and personal hygiene.
- Theories and principles of recreation.
- Recreation program for various categories of people.
Unit – VII
- Characteristics and principles of sports training.
- Training load and periodization.
- Training methods and specific training programme for development of various motor qualities.
- Technical and Tactical preparation for sports.
- Short-term and long – term training plans.
- Sports talent identification – process and procedures.
- Preparing for competition – ( build up competitions, main competition, competition frequency, psychological preparation ).
- Rules of Games and Sports and their interpretations.
Unit – VIII
- Nature, scope and type of research.
- Formulation and selection of research problem.
- Sampling – process and techniques.
- Methods of research.
- Data collection – tools and techniques.
- Statistical techniques of data analysis – measures of central tendency and variability, correlation, normal probability curve, t – test and f – tests, chi – square, z – test.
- Hypothesis – formulation, types and testing.
- Writing research report.
Unit – IX
- Concept of UGC NET Test, measurement and evaluation.
- Principles of measurement and evaluation
- Construction and classification of UGC NET Tests.
- Criteria of test evaluation.
- Concepts and assessment of physical fitness, motor fitness, motor ability and motor educability.
- Skill test for Badminton, Basket ball, Hockey, Lawn – tennis, Soccer, Volley ball.
- Testing psychological variables – competitive anxiety, aggression, team cohesion, motivation, self – concept.
- Anthropometric measurements and body composition.
Unit – X
- Concept and principles of management.
- Organization and functions of sports bodies.
- Intramurals and Extramurals.
- Management of infrastructure, equipments, finance and personnel.
- Methods and Techniques of teaching.
- Principles of planning Physical Education lessons.
- Pupil – teacher interaction and relationship.
- Concept of techniques of supervision.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2017 Navigation : UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Visual Arts, UGC NET January 2017 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Electronic Science Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET Environmental Sciences Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Folk Literature Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tribal and Regional Language / Literature, UGC NET January 2017 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January Criminology Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Archaeology, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Geography, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management, UGC NET January Performing Arts Dance Drama Theater Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET January Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January Exam English Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET Entrance Exam Syllabus 2017, CBSE NET 2017 Syllabus, UGC NET JRF Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January Syllabus for Physical Education 2017, UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Physical Education Syllabus, CBSE NET Syllabus for Physical Education 2017, UGC NET 2017 Physical Education Syllabus, CBSE NET January 2017 Syllabus Papers, Physical Education Syllabus for UGC NET 2017, UGC NET Exam January 2017 Syllabus, UGC NET Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET 2017 Physical Education Syllabus Download, CBSE January NET Syllabus of Physical Education 2017, UGC JRF Physical Education Syllabus 2017, CBSE NET January Exam Syllabus 2017, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2017, CBSE NET Notification 2017, UGC NET Entrance Exam 2017,
Code No : 47 CBSE NET January 2017 Syllabus for Physical Education Subject : Physical Education Note : There will be two question papers. UGC NET Physical Education Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, … Continue reading
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net january syllabus for physical education 2017 by nirmala