UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
Code No : 81 CBSE NET January Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2017
Subject : Social Medicine and Community Health
There will be two question papers : UGC NET Paper II will cover 50 Multiple Choice Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks and UGC NET Paper III will have two Parts - A and B.
Part-A will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. There will be one question from each unit with internal choice from the same unit. Total marks will be 160.
Part-B will be compulsory and Questions will be set from Unit-I to Unit-X. The candidate will attempt one question from Part – B ( 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I
- Definitions and Concepts
- Evolution of Public Health
- Important Public Health Acts
- Health problems of developed and developing countries
- Health problems in India
- Environment and Health
Unit – II
- Definition and Concepts of Epidemiology
- Concepts of Health and Disease
- Role of Genetics in Health and Disease
- Levels of Prevention
- Types of Epidemiology
- Uses of Epidemiology
Unit – III
- Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases, like Malaria, Cholera, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, Diarrhoea, ARI, Poliomyelitis, Viral Hepatitis, Measles, Dengue, Rabies, AIDS, etc.
- Non – communicable diseases, like coronary heart disease, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, cancers, etc.
- Occupational disorders like, pneumo-coniosis, hearing loss, accidents, dermatosis, etc.
Unit – IV
- Major nutritional problems, etiology, manifestations and prevention Components of RCH care.
- Need and package of services under RCH Program.
Unit – V
- Health planning in India including various committees and National Health Policy and Health Goals set from time to time
- Organised sector with reference to Centre, State, District and Block level structures and local bodies and Panchayati Raj
- Organisation and functions of community health centres and primary health centres
- Health Manpower
- Primary Health care and concept
- Alternative systems of medicine, like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc.
- Holistic Approach
- Non – Governmental Organisations ( NGOs ) and Private Voluntary Organisations ( PVOs )
- Unorganised Sector
Unit – VI
- Definition, scope and evolution
- Problems of Population growth
- Birthrates, death rates, fertility rates, age-specific mortality rates, MMR, CPR, etc.
- Approaches and methods of contraception
Unit – VII
- Definition and scope of social and behavioural sciences in Health
- Concept and significance of social structure and social organisation
- Culture and Behaviour related to Health and Disease
- Political and Economical aspects of Health
- Concepts and techniques of Information, Education and Communication including Counselling methodology
Unit – VIII
- Basic concepts in statistics
- Concepts of epidemiology, approaches and methods
- Techniques of social sciences research relevant to health fields
- Health systems research, operational research, mathematical models
- Research related to health economics, medical geography
Unit – IX
- Environmental sanitation
- Family Welfare and Planning
- Reproductive and Child health
- Communicable and Non – communicable diseases
Unit – X
Objectives and Organisation of important agencies, like WHO, UNICEF, FAO, ILO, Indian Red Cross Society, UNFPA, World Bank, Asia Development Bank, Ford Foundation, CARE, Rockefeller Foundation, etc. and their role in Health care activities in India.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2017 Navigation : UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Visual Arts, UGC NET January 2017 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Electronic Science Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET Environmental Sciences Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Folk Literature Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tribal and Regional Language / Literature, UGC NET January 2017 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January Criminology Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Archaeology, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Geography, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management, UGC NET January Performing Arts Dance Drama Theater Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET January Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January Exam English Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : UGC NET 2017, CBSE NET January 2017 Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, CBSE NET JRF Exam January 2017 Syllabus, NET UGC 2017 Syllabus Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET 2017 Syllabus Material, UGC Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET 2017 Assistant Professor Syllabus, Syllabus for UGC NET 2017, CBSE NET 2017 Social Medicine and Community Health Download, UGC NET 2017 Syllabus Community Health, NET UGC January 2017 Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus Papers, NET Syllabus Social Medicine and Community Health 2017, UGC NET 2017 Entrance Test Syllabus, NET UGC Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health January 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Social Medicine Syllabus, UGC National Eligibility Test Social Medicine Syllabus 2017, UGC 2017 National Eligibility Test Community Health Syllabus January, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2017,
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net january 2017 syllabus for social medicine and community health by nirmala