UGC NET December Social Work Syllabus 2014
|**Important : It is notified that UGC has assigned the responsibilities to the CBSE for conducting the UGC NET December 2014.|
CBSE NET 2014 December Social Work Syllabus
Code No. : 10
Subject : Social Work
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Social Work Paper II and Paper III ( Parts – A & B ). UGC NET Social Work Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Social Work Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Paper – III (A) will have 10 Short Essay Type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e. 10 questions from 10 units ; Total marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Social Work Paper III (B) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( One elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Social Work Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Social Work Paper II & Paper III ( A ) ( Core Group )
Unit – I
- Evolution of Social Work Profession – Impact of Social Reform Movements; Factors that influenced the emergence of method approach in Social Work Practice; Social Work profession and Human Rights.
- Philosophy and Principles of Social Work and their application.
- System Approach to Social Work Practice; Role of Social Work in the Remedial, Preventive and Developmental Models.
- Definition, Relevance and Scope of Integrated Approach to Social Work Practice, Skills and Techniques.
- Social Work Education – Content, Training, Supervision, Problems and Challenges.
Unit – II
- Meaning and Characteristics of Society, Community, Social Group and Social Institution; Social Structure and Social Stratification : Theories of Social Change and Social Disorganisation.
- Tribal, Rural and Urban Communities, Weaker and Vulnerable Sections and Minority Groups.
- Population, Poverty, Unemployment, Under developments ; Problems of Developing Economies and Consequences of New Economic Policy.
- Concept of Welfare State, Indian Constitution – Features, Problems, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles and Planning in India – Five – Year Plans.
- Concept and Causative Factors of Indian Social Problems – Analysis.
- Intervention in Social Problems – Government and Voluntary Efforts at Micro and Macro – levels.
- Role of the Social Workers in identifying social problems and development of appropriate strategies.
Unit – III
- Human Behaviour, Human Needs, Human Motivation and Problems of Human Behaviour and Coping Mechanisms.
- Human Growth and Development in the Lifespan of Individual.
- Learning, Socialisation and Theories of Personality.
Unit – IV
- Case Work – Concept, Objectives and Principles.
- Social Case Work Process – Intake, Study, Social Diagnosis, Treatment, Termination and Evaluation.
- Approaches in Case Work – Psychoanalytical, Psycho – Social, Problem Solving, Behaviour Modification, Crisis Intervention, Eclectic Approach.
- Techniques and skills in Social Case Work.
- Interviews, Home visit, Resource Mobilisation, Referral, Environmental Modification, Case Work Relationship, Communication, Types of Recordings in Case Work.
- Role of Social Case Worker in Various Settings.
Unit – V
- Concept of Group Work – Assumptions, Definition and Goals of Group Work.
- Principles, Skills and Values of Social Group Work.
- Stages of Group Development and Use of Programs for Group Development : Orientation Stage, Working Stage, Termination Stage, Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation.
- Study of Group Process – Group Dynamics, Member’s behaviour, Leadership and Role of the Worker in Various Settings.
- Approaches and Models in Group Work Practice – Therapeutic / Social Treatment. Development Group and Task – oriented Group.
Unit – VI
- Concept, Principles and Objectives of Community Organization.
- Approaches in Community Organization – Models, Strategies and Role of Social Worker in each of the Approaches.
- Community Development and Community Organization.
- Social Action in Community Organisation – Concept, Purpose and Techniques.
- Community Organisation as a Para – Political Process – Networking, Conscientisation, Planning and Organising, Roles and Strategies of Social movements – Types and Role of NGOs.
Unit – VII
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Purposes of Social Work Research.
- Research Designs, Types and Methods.
- Steps in Social Work Research – Problem Formulation, Operationalisation of Variables, Sampling, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection, Data Analysis and Report Writing.
- Role and Responsibilities of the Researcher.
- Statistics – its use and limitation in Social Work Research ( measures of central tendency, chi – square test, t – test, correlation ).
Unit – VIII
- Social Policy – Concept and Scope, Distinction between Social and Economic Policies, Place of Ideology and Values.
- Evolution of Social Policy in India; Review of Major Policies and Programs, viz., Education, Health, Shelter, Environment, Social Security, Employment, Family, Child, Women and Youth Welfare, Welfare of the Weaker Sections, Elderly and Disabled.
- Characteristics of Social Welfare Organisations – Size, Nature, Design, Legal Status, Rules and Procedure and Overall Policy.
- Management of Social Welfare Organisations (Government and Voluntary) – Home Relation. Financial relation and Physical Relation.
- Program and Project Management Identifying Overall and Specific Needs, Project Formulations, Monitoring and Evaluation, Recording and Accountability.
Unit – IX
- Concept of Social Justice – Its relationship with Social Legislation; Civil Rights; Human Rights; and Issues of Social Justice.
- Legislations pertaining to Women and Children.
- Legislations pertaining to Social Defence, Social Security and Social Assistance.
- Legislations pertaining to people with Disability, the Underprivileged and Health related Legislations.
- Role of Social Worker in promoting Social Legislation and Social Justice.
Unit – X
- Social Development – Meaning, Concept and Indicators.
- Approaches and Strategies – Growth and Equity, Minimum Needs, Quality of Life.
- Global Efforts for Human Development, Concept of Sustainable Development.
- Social Work and Social Development.
- Problems of Social Development in India.
UGC NET Social Work Paper III ( B ) ( Elective / Optional )
Elective – I
- Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management – Concept, Principles and Approaches.
- Problems concerning Industrial Labour in India – Absenteeism, Migratory Character, Indebtedness and Exploitation.
- Concept of Collective Bargaining, Workers’ Participation in Management, and HRD Sub – Systems.
- Legislations – Factories act, 1948 and other Legislations relating to Trade Union, Industrial Disputes, Employees State Insurance, Wages, Gratuity, P.F., Bonus, Plantation, Mines and Others.
- Role of Welfare Officer – Use of Social Work Knowledge and Skills.
Elective – II
- Evolution of Social Work Practice in the field of Medical and Psychiatric Social Work in India, Emerging Trends and Scope.
- Health / Mental Health Care System – Policies, Programs, Analysis of existing Health Policies, Major Health Concerns of Disadvantaged Groups.
- Social and Psychological Factors and Physical and Mental Disorders.
- Role of Social Work in Health Care Delivery System and in Institutions for the Disabled.
- Social Work Practice in Hospitals, Specialized Medical and Mental Health Institutions. Child Guidance Clinics, Stress and Crisis Intervention Centres.
Elective – III
- Concept, Goals, Process and Models of Community Development.
- Needs and Problems Related to Urban, Rural and Tribal Development.
- Institution of Panchayati Raj – Philosophy, Role and Functions.
- Government Programs and Service for the Development of Tribals, Schedule Castes, Women and Children in Urban, Rural and Tribal Areas.
- Role of NGO’s in Urban, Rural, Tribal Development.
Elective – IV
- Changes in Demographical and Social Situations of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Problems of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Social Legislation for Families, Women and Children.
- Policies, Programs and Services for Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children – Government, NGO, National and International levels.
- Social Work Intervention with Families, Children, Women, Elderly and People with Special needs.
Elective – V
- Concepts of Crime and Deviance – Theories of Causation.
- Objectives, Forms and Justification of Punishment; Limitations of Punishment.
- Correctional Services – Nature and Evolution, Adult and Juvenile Correctional Programs, Institutional and Community Based Treatment, Legal Provisions, Intervention Programs for Victims of Violence, Neglect and Abuse.
- Juvenile Delinquency – Nature and Causes, Juvenile Justice Law and Organisation.
- Role of Social Worker in Correctional Settings.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2015 Navigation : UGC NET December Visual Arts Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Women Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2015 Electronic Science Syllabus , UGC NET December 2014 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Environmental Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Folk Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Criminology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Archaeology Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Museology and Conservation Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Human Rights and Duties Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Geography Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Tourism Administration and Management Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus, UGC NET December 2014 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET December Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December English Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : CBSE NET 2014, UGC NET Syllabus 2014, UGC NET Social Work Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December Social Work Syllabus 2014, UGC NET Exam 2014 Syllabus, UGC NET December Syllabus 2014, UGC NET December 2014 Syllabus Details, Syllabus for CBSE NET Exam 2014, NET Social Work Exam Syllabus 2014, CBSE NET Syllabus for Social Work 2014, UGC NET December Social Work Papers 2014, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2014, UGC NET Entrance Exam Syllabus 2014, Syllabus for UGC NET December 2014, UGC NET 2014 Test Syllabus, CBSE NET Entrance Exam 2014, UGC NET Notifications 2014, CBSE NET Social Work Question Papers 2014, UGC NET Social Work 2014 Sample Papers, CBSE National Eligibility Test Syllabus 2014,
UGC NET Social Work Syllabus 2014 – UGC NET Syllabus for Social Work 2014 – UGC NET December Social Work Syllabus 2014 – UGC NET Social Work Syllabus Details 2014
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net december social work syllabus 2014 by swathi