UGC NET Social Work Syllabus 2017
Code No. : 10 CBSE NET 2017 Social Work Syllabus
Subject : Social Work
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Social Work Paper II and Paper III ( Parts – A & B ). UGC NET Social Work Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Social Work Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Paper – III (A) will have 10 Short Essay Type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e. 10 questions from 10 units ; Total marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Social Work Paper III (B) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( One elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Social Work Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Social Work Paper II & Paper III ( A ) ( Core Group )
Unit – I
- Evolution of Social Work Profession – Impact of Social Reform Movements; Factors that influenced the emergence of method approach in Social Work Practice; Social Work profession and Human Rights.
- Philosophy and Principles of Social Work and their application.
- System Approach to Social Work Practice; Role of Social Work in the Remedial, Preventive and Developmental Models.
- Definition, Relevance and Scope of Integrated Approach to Social Work Practice, Skills and Techniques.
- Social Work Education – Content, Training, Supervision, Problems and Challenges.
Unit – II
- Meaning and Characteristics of Society, Community, Social Group and Social Institution; Social Structure and Social Stratification : Theories of Social Change and Social Disorganisation.
- Tribal, Rural and Urban Communities, Weaker and Vulnerable Sections and Minority Groups.
- Population, Poverty, Unemployment, Under developments ; Problems of Developing Economies and Consequences of New Economic Policy.
- Concept of Welfare State, Indian Constitution – Features, Problems, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles and Planning in India – Five – Year Plans.
- Concept and Causative Factors of Indian Social Problems – Analysis.
- Intervention in Social Problems – Government and Voluntary Efforts at Micro and Macro – levels.
- Role of the Social Workers in identifying social problems and development of appropriate strategies.
Unit – III
- Human Behaviour, Human Needs, Human Motivation and Problems of Human Behaviour and Coping Mechanisms.
- Human Growth and Development in the Lifespan of Individual.
- Learning, Socialisation and Theories of Personality.
Unit – IV
- Case Work – Concept, Objectives and Principles.
- Social Case Work Process – Intake, Study, Social Diagnosis, Treatment, Termination and Evaluation.
- Approaches in Case Work – Psychoanalytical, Psycho – Social, Problem Solving, Behaviour Modification, Crisis Intervention, Eclectic Approach.
- Techniques and skills in Social Case Work.
- Interviews, Home visit, Resource Mobilisation, Referral, Environmental Modification, Case Work Relationship, Communication, Types of Recordings in Case Work.
- Role of Social Case Worker in Various Settings.
Unit – V
- Concept of Group Work – Assumptions, Definition and Goals of Group Work.
- Principles, Skills and Values of Social Group Work.
- Stages of Group Development and Use of Programs for Group Development : Orientation Stage, Working Stage, Termination Stage, Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation.
- Study of Group Process – Group Dynamics, Member’s behaviour, Leadership and Role of the Worker in Various Settings.
- Approaches and Models in Group Work Practice – Therapeutic / Social Treatment. Development Group and Task – oriented Group.
Unit – VI
- Concept, Principles and Objectives of Community Organization.
- Approaches in Community Organization – Models, Strategies and Role of Social Worker in each of the Approaches.
- Community Development and Community Organization.
- Social Action in Community Organisation – Concept, Purpose and Techniques.
- Community Organisation as a Para – Political Process – Networking, Conscientisation, Planning and Organising, Roles and Strategies of Social movements – Types and Role of NGOs.
Unit – VII
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Purposes of Social Work Research.
- Research Designs, Types and Methods.
- Steps in Social Work Research – Problem Formulation, Operationalisation of Variables, Sampling, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection, Data Analysis and Report Writing.
- Role and Responsibilities of the Researcher.
- Statistics – its use and limitation in Social Work Research ( measures of central tendency, chi – square test, t – test, correlation ).
Unit – VIII
- Social Policy – Concept and Scope, Distinction between Social and Economic Policies, Place of Ideology and Values.
- Evolution of Social Policy in India; Review of Major Policies and Programs, viz., Education, Health, Shelter, Environment, Social Security, Employment, Family, Child, Women and Youth Welfare, Welfare of the Weaker Sections, Elderly and Disabled.
- Characteristics of Social Welfare Organisations – Size, Nature, Design, Legal Status, Rules and Procedure and Overall Policy.
- Management of Social Welfare Organisations (Government and Voluntary) – Home Relation. Financial relation and Physical Relation.
- Program and Project Management Identifying Overall and Specific Needs, Project Formulations, Monitoring and Evaluation, Recording and Accountability.
Unit – IX
- Concept of Social Justice – Its relationship with Social Legislation; Civil Rights; Human Rights; and Issues of Social Justice.
- Legislations pertaining to Women and Children.
- Legislations pertaining to Social Defence, Social Security and Social Assistance.
- Legislations pertaining to people with Disability, the Underprivileged and Health related Legislations.
- Role of Social Worker in promoting Social Legislation and Social Justice.
Unit – X
- Social Development – Meaning, Concept and Indicators.
- Approaches and Strategies – Growth and Equity, Minimum Needs, Quality of Life.
- Global Efforts for Human Development, Concept of Sustainable Development.
- Social Work and Social Development.
- Problems of Social Development in India.
UGC NET Social Work Paper III ( B ) ( Elective / Optional )
Elective – I
- Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management – Concept, Principles and Approaches.
- Problems concerning Industrial Labour in India – Absenteeism, Migratory Character, Indebtedness and Exploitation.
- Concept of Collective Bargaining, Workers’ Participation in Management, and HRD Sub – Systems.
- Legislations – Factories act, 1948 and other Legislations relating to Trade Union, Industrial Disputes, Employees State Insurance, Wages, Gratuity, P.F., Bonus, Plantation, Mines and Others.
- Role of Welfare Officer – Use of Social Work Knowledge and Skills.
Elective – II
- Evolution of Social Work Practice in the field of Medical and Psychiatric Social Work in India, Emerging Trends and Scope.
- Health / Mental Health Care System – Policies, Programs, Analysis of existing Health Policies, Major Health Concerns of Disadvantaged Groups.
- Social and Psychological Factors and Physical and Mental Disorders.
- Role of Social Work in Health Care Delivery System and in Institutions for the Disabled.
- Social Work Practice in Hospitals, Specialized Medical and Mental Health Institutions. Child Guidance Clinics, Stress and Crisis Intervention Centres.
Elective – III
- Concept, Goals, Process and Models of Community Development.
- Needs and Problems Related to Urban, Rural and Tribal Development.
- Institution of Panchayati Raj – Philosophy, Role and Functions.
- Government Programs and Service for the Development of Tribals, Schedule Castes, Women and Children in Urban, Rural and Tribal Areas.
- Role of NGO’s in Urban, Rural, Tribal Development.
Elective – IV
- Changes in Demographical and Social Situations of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Problems of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Social Legislation for Families, Women and Children.
- Policies, Programs and Services for Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children – Government, NGO, National and International levels.
- Social Work Intervention with Families, Children, Women, Elderly and People with Special needs.
Elective – V
- Concepts of Crime and Deviance – Theories of Causation.
- Objectives, Forms and Justification of Punishment; Limitations of Punishment.
- Correctional Services – Nature and Evolution, Adult and Juvenile Correctional Programs, Institutional and Community Based Treatment, Legal Provisions, Intervention Programs for Victims of Violence, Neglect and Abuse.
- Juvenile Delinquency – Nature and Causes, Juvenile Justice Law and Organisation.
- Role of Social Worker in Correctional Settings.
UGC National Eligibility Test NET 2017 Navigation : UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Visual Arts, UGC NET January 2017 Linguistics Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Computer Science and Applications Syllabus, UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Electronic Science Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Comparative Literature Syllabus, UGC NET Environmental Sciences Syllabus January 2017, UGC NET January Folk Literature Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Forensic Science Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tribal and Regional Language / Literature, UGC NET January 2017 International and Area Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January Criminology Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Archaeology, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Geography, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management, UGC NET January Performing Arts Dance Drama Theater Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism, UGC NET January 2017 Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions, UGC NET January Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January Exam English Syllabus 2017, UGC NET January 2017 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus, UGC NET January 2017 Management Syllabus,
UGC National Eligibility Test NET Related : CBSE NET, UGC NET Syllabus, UGC NET Social Work Syllabus, UGC NET Social Work Syllabus 2017, UGC NET Exam Syllabus, UGC NET January Syllabus, UGC NET January Syllabus Details, Syllabus for CBSE NET Exam, NET Social Work Exam Syllabus, CBSE NET Syllabus for Social Work, UGC NET January Social Work Papers, UGC National Eligibility Test Syllabus, UGC NET Entrance Exam Syllabus, Syllabus for UGC NET January, UGC NET Test Syllabus, CBSE NET Entrance Exam, UGC NET Notifications, CBSE NET Social Work Question Papers, UGC NET Social Work Sample Papers, CBSE National Eligibility Test Syllabus, UGC NET Social Work Syllabus Papers, CBSE NET Social Work Papers ,
Code No. : 10 CBSE NET 2017 Social Work Syllabus Subject : Social Work Note : There will be two question papers, UGC NET Social Work Paper II and Paper III ( Parts – A & B ). UGC NET Social … Continue reading
Posted In ugc national eligibility test net : Leave a response for ugc net social work syllabus 2017 by nirmala