- Masters of Science (Electronic Media) [MSc(EM)]
- Master of Arts (Mass Communication) [MA(MC)]
- Master of Arts (Broadcast Journalism) [MA(BJ)]
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Science (Information & Cyber Security) [M.Sc. (ICS)]
- Master of Arts (Journalism) [MA(J)]
- Master of Arts (Digital Journalism) [MA(DJ)]
- Master of Business Administration (Media Business Management) [MBA(MBM)]
- Master of Science (New Media) [MSc(NM)]
- Master of Arts (Advertising & Public Relations) [MA(APR)]
- Master of Science (Film Production) [MSc(FP)]
- Master of Science (Media Research) [MSc(MR)]
- Master of Philosophy (Media Studies) [MPhil(MS)]
MCRPV Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya About Us
Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, was set up by Act Number 15 of 1990 of the Legislative Assembly of Madhya Pradesh. The University is named after Makhanlal Chaturvedi, a renowned Freedom Fighter, Poet and Journalist.
MCRPV was formally inaugurated by Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, the then Vice President of India, on 16th January, 1991.
MCRPV University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
It is not an Open University providing Distance Education. It does not provide education through correspondence.
It is not a Conventional University having limited territorial jurisdiction. It has jurisdiction through out the country. Consistent with the recent trend of globalisation and internationalisation of education, the University is imparting education outside the country also.
Makhanlal Chaturvedi University aims at developing excellent professionals with social commitment.
MCRPV Bhopal imparts education through :-
- Its Teaching Departments at Bhopal
- Its campuses at Noida, which is now for all practical purposes, a part of Delhi; and at Khandwa
- Network of Study Institutes spread over the whole country
These Study Institutes are run by non – profit Societies & Trusts which are registered under the relevant laws.
The relationship between the Makhanlal Chaturvedi University and its Study Institutes comes closest to, and can be best described as, that existing between a Conventional University and its Affiliated Colleges.
That is why;
- The MCRPV University prescribes norms for infrastructure, qualifications and number of faculty, eligibility for admission of students, norms of admission of students on merit, curriculum, number of teaching days ( at least 90 days per Semester ), minimum number of hours for Class Room – teaching, Laboratory and Practical Work per week, attendance required ( 75% ) for students to be eligible to appear at the University examination and for other matters for which a Conventional University ordinarily prescribes norms for its affiliated colleges.
- The Makhanlal Chaturvedi University conducts examinations in a fair, strict and credible manner.
Study Institutes which run Diploma Courses only are called Registered Study Institutes. Those which offer Degree and Post Graduate Courses are called Associated Study Institutes.
Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya MCRPV registers or associates a Study Institute only if inspection by competent and trustworthy professionals finds it adhering to the prescribed norms or having potential to come up to these norms, within a reasonable period.
Continued observance of prescribed norms is ensured through both regular and systematic inspections, and surprise inspections.
Curricula for Courses of the MCRPV University are designed and regularly updated jointly by eminent academics and professionals which have to be strictly followed by all Study Institutes and their students.
To promote holistic development of the personality of the students, to provide a platform to nurture and present artistic, literary and sports talents and to develop a feeling of fraternity and camaraderie amongst the students of the Makhanlal Chaturvedi University, inter – Study Institutes, inter-Zonal and National level cultural and sports meets are organised.
Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya Departments
- Department of Electronic Media
- Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Department of Journalism
- Department of Management
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Public Relations and Advertising Studies
- Department of Publications
- Department of Research
- Department of Short Term Training Programs
- Department of Text Book Writing
Courses in MCRPV University
Post Graduate Courses
Under Graduate Courses
- Bachelor of Science (Electronic Media) [BSc(EM)]
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) [BA(MC)]
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Creative Writing) [BA(JCW)]
- Bachelor of Business Administration (E-Commerce) [BBA(EC)]
- Bachelor of Science (Multimedia) [BSc(MM)]
- Bachelor of Science (Graphics & Animation) [BSc(GA)]
- Bachelor of Technology (Printing & Packaging) [BTech(PP)]
- Bachelor of Technology (Printing & Packaging)-Lateral Entry [BTech(PP)-LE]
- Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences (BLIS)
Makhanlal Chaturvedi University Address
Makhanlal Chaturvedi University Postal Address :
P.O. Box No. RSN / 560,
Trilochan Singh Nagar,
Bhopal – 462 016.
MCRPV Academic Campus :
B – 38, Vikas Bhawan,
Opp Dak Bhawan,
Zone – 1 M.P. Nagar,
Bhopal – 462 011,
Phone No. : 91 – 755 – 2725307, 2725559,
Fax : 91 – 755 – 2561970,
Website : http://www.mcu.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.