Vikram University About Us
Ujjayini ( now Ujjain ), the capital of ancient Avanti Pradesh and one of the oldest and most renowned seats of learning has a rich academic and cultural heritage.
Among the fourteen ancient universities of India, this 3000 year old university was the most widely recognized seat of all art forms, sports, science, literature,science and astronomical calculation. The annals of history establish that 3000 years hence Guru Sandipan, moved to Ujjayini from Kashi, and it was in Ujjayini , in his Ashram his disciples Lord Krishna, Balram and Sudama were initiated into the learning of Vedas and Vedanta. The torch of learning has been burning unabated since. In the Mauryan period around 4th century B.C., students from all over the world came to Ujjayini in pursuit of knowledge. By the end of the 4th century A.D., under the Gupta king Vikramaditya, the glory of this seat of learning spread farther. It reached its pinnacle of fame during the reign of king Asoka and Samvat Pravartak, King Vikramaditya Chandragupta II, who promoted Sanskrit over Prakrat.
Ujjain is known for its antiquity and its rich cultural and religious traditions. It has also been an ancient seat of learning. Therefore, after independence a galaxy of personalities urged upon the Central Government to establish a university at Ujjain. It was their proposal to name the university after the famous ruler “Vikramaditya”. When the state of Madhyabharat came into existence, Ujjain was selected for the proposed Vikram University.
Vikram University was established in Ujjain on the 1st of March, 1957. The foundation stone of Vikram University was laid by the then Home Minister of India Shri Govind Vallabh Pant on Tuesday, Kartika Krishnapaksha Chaturthi, Vikramabda 2013 i.e. on the 23rd of October, 1956. The function was presided over by the Rajpramukh of the Madhyabharat State Late Jiwajirao Scindia.
The new state of M.P. was formed in 1956 and Madhyabharat was merged into it. Thus, it was felt to amend the Act relating to the University. Consequently the amended Act of Vikram University No.13, 1957 was published in M.P. Gazette dated 16th August, 1957. From time to time many changes and amendments were made in the Act. Considerable decrease in the University jurisdiction occurred due to formation of Indore, Gwalior and Bhopal Universities during 1964-65 and 1969-70 respectively. On April 20th, 1973, the Honorable Governor granted permission to bring about homogeneity in the Organisation and administration of all the Universities of Madhya Pradesh. This permission was first Published in the Madhya Pradesh Gazette ( extraordinary ) on 23rd April, 1973. By a notification of the Education Department 940/20/8/71 dated 3rd May, 1973 the bye-laws of the M.P. Universities Act No. 1 to 19 were brought into effect from 25.9.73,whereas No. 20 to 26 and No.27 to 31 from 1.12.73 and 4.5.74 respectively for all the Universities of M.P. ( Including Vikram University ).
The M. P. Universities Act was amended and published in M.P. Gazette, on 28th June, 1985. As per the above Amendment, University Jurisdiction was redefined and demarcated in accordance with the Revenue districts of Ujjain Division i.e. Ujjain, Ratlam, Mandsaur, Neemuch, Shajapur and Dewas. Because of the new jurisdiction, the number of affiliated colleges decreased and some new colleges were granted affiliation.
The convocations held by the University in past years were addressed by great luminaries like Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Sir C. P. Ramaswami Ayyar, Dr. Kalulal Shrimali, Pt. Dwarkaprasad Mishra, Pt. Kunjilal Dube, Babu Jagjiwanram, Dr. Govind Narayan Singh, Smt. Mahadevi Verma, Smt. Indira Gandhi, Dr. Sarojini Mahishi, Dr. Gopal Swarup Pathak, Prof. Nurul Hasan, Dr. Hargovind Khurana and Dr. Satish Chandra.
Faculty & Departments of Vikram University
I. Faculty of Arts
- School of Studies in English
- School of Studies in Hindi
- School of Studies in JyotirVigyan
- School of Studies in Foreign Languages
- School of Studies in Sanskrit
- School of Studies in Philosophy
II. Faculty of Education
- School of Studies in Continuing Education
III. Faculty of Information Technology
- Institute of Computer Science
- School of Studies in Library and Information Science
IV. Faculty of Life Science
- School of Studies in Botany
- Institute of Environment Management & Plant Science – Environment
- School of Studies in Zoology and Biotechnology
- Institute of Environment Management & Plant Science – Microbiology
V. Faculty of Management
- Pt. J.N. Institute of Business Management
VI. Faculty of Physical Science
- School of Studies in Chemistry and Bio – Chemistry
- School of Studies in Mathematics
- School of Studies in Physics
- School of Studies in Statistics
- Institute of Pharmacy
- School of Studies in Earth Science
VII. Faculty of Social Science
- School of Studies in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology
- School of Studies in Economics
- School of Studies in Political Science and Public Administration
- School of Studies in Sociology
VIII. Faculty of Commerce
- School of Studies in Commerce
Courses in Vikram University
I. UG Programs :
- B.A ( Honors ) Programs :
- Sociology, Political Science & Public Administration, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology.
- B.Sc ( Honors ) Programs :
- Economics, Statistics & Informatics, Microbiology.
- Other UG Programs :
- B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce )
- B.L.I.Sc. ( Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences )
- B.B.A. ( Bachelor of Business Administration )
II. PG Programs :
- M.A Programs :
- English, Mass Communication, Sanskrit, Jyotirvigyan, Vedic Studies, Political Science, Public Administration, Human Rights, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Economics, Hindi, Philosophy.
- M.Sc Programs :
- Computer Science, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Botany, Mathematics, Earth Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.
- MPhil Programs :
- English, Computer Science, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Library and Information Sciences, Botany, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Sociology, Sociology Works, Political Science, Public Administration, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Economics, Hindi, Earth Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Zoology & Bio – Technology, Commerce.
- M.Com Programs :
- Marketing Management, Financial Analysis & Control.
- Other Post Graduate Program :
- M.L.I.Sc. ( Master of Library and Information Sciences )
III. Diploma Programs :
- Air Fare & Travel Management, Diploma in Russian, Senior Diploma in Russian, Diploma in Karmakanda.
IV. PG Diploma Programs :
- Heritage Management, Tour & Hotel Management, Museology, Ground Water Management, Remote Sensing & GIS.
VI. Certificate Programs :
- Proficiency in Russian, Proficiency in German, Proficiency in French.
Vikram University Affiliated Colleges
|Government College, Badnagar.||Vikram College, Khachrod.||Government College, Nagda.||Government College, Mahidpur.|
|Government College, Tarana.||Government Dhanvantri Ayurvedic college, Ujjain.||Government Girls P.G. College, Ujjain.||Kalidas Girls PG College, Ujjain.|
|Madhav Arts, Commerce and Law College, Ujjain.||Madhav Music College, Ujjain.||Madhav Science College, Ujjain.||Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.|
|Bhartiya Gyanpeeth Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Future Vision College, Ujjain.||Lokmanya Tilak mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Royal College, Ratlam.|
|Rashtriya Bhartiya Shiksha Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Savitridevi jayaswal smriti college, shamgarh.||S.S.I.T. Ratlam.||Rashtriya Bhartiya Shiksha, Ujjain.|
|Advance College, Ujjain.||B.C.G. Shiksha mahavidyalaya, Dewas.||Kailashnath Katju, Ratlam Prestige College, Dewas.||Shree Sanskar College, Agar.|
|Mahakal Institute of Technology & Management, Ujjain.||Mahakal Institute of Technology & Science, Ujjain.||Maulan Azad Institute of Professional Studies, Dewas.||New Era College of Education, Dewas.|
|Alpine Institute of Technology, Ujjain.||Navsamvat Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Gyanoday Institute of Management & Technology, Neemuch.||Shaheed Narendra Singh Shiksha Mahavidyalaya, Jaora.|
|Shaheed Narendra Singh Mahavidyalaya, Jaora.||Shree Sanskar College, Agar Malwa.||Bal Kavi Bairagi Mahavidyalaya, Kanawati ( Neemuch ).||Tribhuns College, Dewas.|
|Sheshshayi College of Prof. Studies, Nagda.||Dayanand saraswati Mahavidyalaya, Shajapur.||V R Science & Commerce College Kalapipal.||Carrier Vision Prof. College, Mahidpur.|
|Maharaja College Ujjain.||Royal College Of Teacher Education, Ratlam.||Mandsaur Institute of Science & Technology, Mandsaur.||R.M.S. College of education, Mandsaur.|
|R.M.S. College of education, Mandsaur.||Prabhadevi Sojatia Ayurved College Bhanpura.||Mayadevi Institute of Education Dewas.||S L V Mahavidyalaya, Shujalpur.|
|Sh harkchan Chouradia Mahavidyalaya, Bhanpura.||Guru Vashishtha Mahavidyalaya, Dewas.||Jai Bharti Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Jain Arts & Commerce College, Mandsaur.|
|Vardhman Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Nagda.||Safal Mahavidyalaya, Suwasra - Mandsaur.||Jawahar Nehru Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Mandsaur.||Helios College, Ujjain.|
|Awantika Mahavidyalaya, Ujjain.||Vidya sagar Institute of Professional Studies Khategaon.||-||-|
Ujjain University Address
Ujjain ( MP ),
Pin – 456010,
Telephone No : 2514270, 2514277,
Fax : 2514276,
E – mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.vikramuniv.net/#.
Vikram University About Us Vikram University Departments Vikram University Ujjain Courses Vikram University Affiliated Colleges Vikram University Ujjain Contact Details
Madhya Pradesh Related : Vikram University Ujjain Address, Vikram University LLB Admission, Vikram University Colleges Ujjain, Vikram University, Vikram University Departments, Vikram University Degree Courses, Vikram University Fine Arts Department, Vikram University Faculty, Vikram University India, Vikram University Kothi Road Ujjain, Vikram University LLB Program, Vikram University MBA Ujjain, Vikram University Website Ujjain, Vikram University Ujjain PhD Admission, Vikram University BA Program, Vikram University BSc Degree, Vikram University Ujjain BCom Course Details, Vikram University Ujjain BBA Syllabus, Vikram University Ujjain Degree Form, Vikram University Ujjain University, Admission in Vikram University Ujjain, Couses in Vikram University Ujjain, MBA Program at Vikram University, Vikram University Ujjain Madhya Pradesh, PhD from Vikram University Ujjain, Ujjain University MPhil Program, Institute of Pharmacy Vikram University Ujjain, MPhil Program Eligibility, MCom Admission, MSc Application Form, MPhil Colleges in India, Ujjain University India, Ujjain University Admission Form, Ujjain University Geology Department, University of Ujjain,
Posted In universities in india : madhya pradesh : Leave a response for vikram university by Yoga A