Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth – MPKV
MPKV Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth About Us
The Maharashtra Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri is established on March 29, 1968 and subsequently named as Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth ( MPKV ) after a great social reformer “Mahatma Jyotiba Phule”. It has started functioning from October, 1969 at Rahuri, District Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India. The Campus is situated 160 km from Pune on Pune – Delhi highway in Ahmednagar district. Forty kilometer in the South is Ahmednagar town and 50 km in the North is Shirdi, famous for the saint Saibaba. Newasa, land of saint Dnyaneshwar is 33 km from Rahuri.
The campus is 10 km from Rahuri Railway Station and 110 km from Manmad railway junction. Ahmednagar is a historical place and was a capital of the Nizam rulers. It is famous for co – operative sugar and dairy industries. The annual average maximum and minimum temperature ranges between 30 to 40 0C and 10 to 20 0C. respectively.
The basic mandate assigned to this MPKV University are advancement in teaching, research and imparting extension education to the farmers of the State. There are four Agricultural Universities in the State , catering the similar services in their locality. The jurisdiction of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri extends over Western Maharashtra covering ten districts.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth – MPKV has two faculties namely Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering. The under – graduate and post – graduate programs are offered in both faculties. The Rahuri University also deals with lower agricultural education through Agricultural Schools, Mali Training Centre and Training’s for Livestock Supervisors.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth – MPKV has a very good network of research stations spread over different agro – climatic zones. In all 23 research stations, 4 State level specialists and 16 research testing / verification centers are located in different agro – climatic zones in addition to 4 Zonal research stations.
Of the three fold functions, it is mandatory on the part of the Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth – MPKV to transfer the technology from the research centers to the ultimate users through extension education program.
Courses at Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth
- B.Sc. ( Agriculture )
- B.Sc. ( Horticulture )
- B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- M.Sc. ( Agriculture )
- Diploma in Farm Management
- M.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
MPKV University Admission Procedure
- As per provisions in Maharashtra Agricultural University Act No.XLI of 1983 Section ( 5 ) admission shall be open to all persons who or whose parents have resided in the sate of Maharashtra for not less than three years during the period of ten years immediately preceding the date on which admission is sought. However, for persons who and whose parents have not resided in the state atleast for three years during the period of ten years immediately preceding the date on which admission is sought, will be limited to 2%.
- For admission to under – graduate courses, 70% seats of the admission capacity will be filled in from amongst the students who have passed the qualifying examination from the school or the institution situated in the Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth area ( u quota ) and remaining 30% seats will be kept open for all the students ( m quota ).
- The applicant residing in state of Maharashtra, but passing qualifying examination of Under graduate courses out of Maharashtra, his candidature will be considered under ‘M’ quota at MCAER level.
- One seat at each college for undergraduate program shall be filled in by MCAER, Pune from the wards of displaced citizens and wards of officers / staff of military and paramilitary forces all India services posted to combat terrorists activities in Jammu and Kashmir state. In view of govt. resolution No. AGU – 2095 / 2310 / CR – 181 / 19a dated 5th September, 1996 and No. AGU – 1197 / 28688 / CR / 94 / 97 / 19 – a, dated 27th October 1997 over and above the intake capacity.
- Admission to all the degree program shall be on merit and provisional.
- The out of state candidates should submit their application form to the Director General, MCAER, Pune.
- Mahatma Phule Krishi VidyapeethUniversity / State Council shall not accept any responsibility for postal delay
- Receipt of the application together with its enclosures as above, shall be acknowledged in case of those, who submit the application in person.
- The Registrar shall display a complete merit list of applications received on the Notice Board of the MPKV University and respective colleges as per the admission program. The candidates in their own interest shall see the merit list on the Notice Boards. The candidate shall not be intimated about their merit by post.
- Applicants aggrieved by the merit list may prefer an appeal to the Registrar, incase of Rahuri Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth University area and to the Director ( Education ) MCAER, Pune in case of all other candidates within five days from the date of display of the aforesaid merit list with a fee of Rs. 50/- If the applicant fails to appeal within five working days, his appeal shall not be considered. The appeal of the candidate will be decided by the Grievance Committee on the basis of the documents attached by the applicant with the original application form only. The decision of the Grievance Committee will be notified on the MPKV Rahuri University Notice Board.
- The Registrar of each University shall notify the corrected merit list of candidates under information to MCAER Pune within ten days from the date of display of provisional merit list after attending to the grievances, if any.
- The Director ( Education ) MCAER, Pune will prepare and display the State level final merit list.
- The applicant shall see the merit list on the Notice Boards of the respective University and the college with regard to U quota of Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses and at MCAER Pune and the Colleges for M quota of Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses on the dates given in the admission program notified in the Prospectus.
- The candidates should report in person on the dates notified in the Prospectus for seeking admission alongwith the fees and all the original documents enclosed with the application, else the fees will not be accepted and admission claims shall be treated as cancelled.
- Candidate reporting on the specified dates of admissions will be considered as per merit for filling up the vacancies.
- If at any time after admission, it is found that the applicant has supplied false information, the Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth University shall cancel his admission.
- The candidates should see the admission program which is provided in the prospectus for their guidance and information.
- Any candidate aggrieved by final admission may prefer a review petition within a period of three days from the specified dates of admission to the Vice Chancellor for MPKV University level admissions and to the Director General MCAER for State level admissions.
- Admission to various seats under Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth university ( u ) and state( m ) quota for under graduate and post graduate courses shall be final. The candidates so admitted will not be eligible for change of courses / college / university.
- The candidates so admitted for Under Graduate course may apply for his academic transfer within Rahuri MPKV University, or out of university as per the existing provisions of academic regulations.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Address
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth,
Rahuri Dist. Ahmednagar,
Rahuri : 413 722,
Phone No. : ( 02426 ) 243861,
E – mail : mailto:email@example.com,
Website : http://mpkv.mah.nic.in/.
Maharashtra Related : Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth MPKV Rahuri Maharashtra, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Pune, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Application Form, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth – MPKV, Mahatma, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Courses, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth University, Mahatma Phule Vidyapeeth, Mahatma Vidyapeeth, Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Mahatma Phule Krishi Viswavidyalaya, MPKV Rahuri Admission, MPKV Rahuri Maharashtra, MPKV Rahuri PhD, MPKV Rahuri University, MPKV Admission Form, MPKV BSc Agri Admission, BTech Program, MPKV College of Agriculture, MPKV Maharashtra, MPKV Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri Vidyapeeth, Rahuri Agriculture College, Rahuri Agriculture University, Rahuri MPKV, Rahuri University Maharashtra, Rahuri College BTech, Rahuri Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Agricultural Engineering Courses, MTech Colleges, Admission for MTech Course, Agriculture Colleges, PG Admission, PhD Notification, BTech Eligibility Criteria,
Posted In universities in india : maharashtra : Leave a response for mahatma phule krishi vidyapeeth – mpkv by sangeetha