Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth ( MKV ) About Us
Established in 1972, on Land grant pattern , Marathwada Agricultural University ( MAU ) Parbhani is one of the four Agril. universities in state of Maharashtra. Except some industrialization around Aurangabad and Nanded, the entire region has rural setting. The objectives of the University are : Education in agriculture & Allied Sci.,Undertake Research based on regional needs and facilitate Technology transfer etc.
Marathwada Agricultural University ( MAU ) is one of four Agricultural Universities in the State of Maharashtra. Prior to original Maharashtra Agricultural University, it was established on May 18, 1972 to fulfill the regional aspirations of agrarian growth. It is entrusted with the responsibilities to provide education in agriculture and allied fields, undertake research and facilitate technology transfer in Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
The first college of Agriculture was established in this region at Parbhani in 1956 by Hyderabad State Government just before State reorganization. During Nizam’s rule, however, agricultural education was available only at Hyderabad but crop research centres viz., sorghum, cotton, fruits existed in the region.
The foundation of research was laid by the erstwhile Nizam State with commencement of the Main Experimental Farm at Parbhani in 1918. The famous ‘Gaorani’ desi cotton is the result of the research on cotton and local sorghum cultivars were improved by selection by the then Economic Botanist. Since then Parbhani remain the hub of educational, research and extension activities in Marathwada.
- Provide education in agriculture, allied sciences and humanities
- Provide research base to improve the productivity of important agri – horticulture, livestock, fisheries and agri – allied activities of Marathwada region.
- To develop appropriate plans for conservation of natural resources and sustainable use.
- To undertake and guide extension education programs, first line transfer of technology, extend services of training, conduct demonstrations and develop appropriate communication network.
- Standardize technologies for crop production, protection, harvesting, marketing, post – harvest utilization as also for livestock, fisheries and allied agro – communities for improving the living status of farmers, farm workers and Women of Marathwada.
- Provide the necessary production support of nucleus, breeders and foundation seed of important crops of the region and also generate revenue through large farms for sustainable growth of the University.
Courses at Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth
|S.No||Name of the Institutes||Website|
|1.||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management ( SIBM ) Pune||www.sibm.edu|
|2.||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research ( SICSR )||www.sicsr.ac.in|
|3.||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication ( SIMC ) Pune||www.simc.edu|
|4.||Symbiosis Institute of International Business ( SIIB )||www.siib.ac.in|
|5.||Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development ( SCMHRD )||www.scmhrd.edu|
|6.||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies ( SIMS )||www.sims.edu|
|7.||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management ( SITM )||www.sitm.ac.in|
|8.||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology ( SCIT )||www.scit.edu|
|9.||Symbiosis Institute of Geo - informatics ( SIG )||www.sig.ac.in|
|10.||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management ( SIOM ) Nashik||http://www.siom.in|
|11.||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences ( SIHS )||http://www.sihsspune.org|
MKV University Colleges
- College of Agriculture, Parbhani
- College of Food Technology, Parbhani
- College of Home Science, Parbhani
- College of Horticulture, Parbhani
- College of Agricultural Engineering,Parbhani
- College of Agriculture, Latur
- College of Agricultural Bio – Technology, Latur
- College of Agriculture, Osmanabad
- College of Agriculture, Ambajogai
- College of Agriculture, Badnapur
Marathwada Agricultural University Address
Marathwada Agricultural University ( MAU ),
Parbhani – 431402,
Telephone Number : ( 02452 ) 223801,
Fax : ( 02452 ) 223582,
Website : http://mkv2.mah.nic.in/.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.