Sam Higgginbotom Institute of Agriculture, Technologies & Sciences
Formerly Allahabad Institute – Deemed University Directorate of Distance Education :
In the present context the University known as Allahabad Agricultural Institute- Deemed University, is striving to acquire a place in the arena of International Science and Technology while holding a pioneering status in India. The University offers Twenty Eight ( 28 ) Undergraduate Programs, Forty Eight ( 48 ) Postgraduate programs, Eleven (1 1 ) Diploma programs, and Doctorates in various disciplines.
The teaching and research faculties of the University have highly qualified professionals, trained in specialized areas of Agricultural Science and Technology with several of them holding Post Graduate degrees & Doctoral Degrees from universities abroad.
Objectives of the University :
- To conduct and manage the affairs of University, which is a Christian Educational Institution herein after, referred to as the “Institute / Deemed University” established and administered by the society.
- To promote and provide instruction and training in areas of study relevant to Agriculture, Rural Economic Development, Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Animal Health, Human Health, Sanitation, Home Science Management, Community Development, Health Education, Christian Studies and other relevant Sciences,
- Technologies and Humanities for all round improvement in the quality of life through Deemed University or other campuses, colleges, Institutions of the society within and outside the country.Opportunities for the integration of formal and non – formal learning with practical experience in these fields.
- Research relevant to emerging agricultural and rural problems. Introduce programs of teaching and extension work for agriculture, human health, women’s development, rural development and vocational programmes and to uplift socio-economic status of the people in rural India.
- Education at all levels to children, adults, women in the State and Country, especially those living in the rural neighbourhood of the Institute.
- To serve and work towards the improvement and development of rural life both amongst the Church and her people and the general population in the rural areas.
To fulfill the command “Feed the Hungry” received by the founders, by undertaking transfer of technology mission in order to enable Indian farmers to produce more food and achieve self – reliance.
- To accomplish the vision of “The Gospel and the Plough” enunciated by the founders of the Institute which means to convey the message of freedom from spiritual and material poverty through the technology of agriculture together with preaching of the message of Jesus Christ, healing and evangelism for salvation of all mankind.
- To provide opportunities for education and “learning by doing” in areas of agriculture and rural economic development geared to the promotion, advancement and sharing of scientific knowledge, in particular for the development of Christian men and women, for the rural population of India and others in general.
- To prepare young men and women as citizens imbued with the zeal and spirit of service, in keeping with the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.
To give effect to the spirit of national and international goodwill and friendship and partnership, as well as the desires of the people of other areas and countries to share their best with each other for the overall sustainability of human life on planet earth.
- To provide and promote instruction and training in such branches of learning as the Society may deem appropriate.
To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further the objects of the Society.
- To do all such things as may be incidental and necessary or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects of the society referred to or implied above.
To maintain the historical Christian character and vision of the Institute established by the Christian Churches and Christian organizations under the leadership of Dr. Sam Higginbottom.
- To Supervise / evaluate and promote the work of the Deemed University, Church work, School and Colleges, Campuses of the Institute, Social activities, Religious & Charitable activities, other educational and Auxiliary units.
Allahabad Agricultural Institute Courses :
1. Information & Technology :
- Diploma Information Technology ( DIT )
- Bachelor of Computer Application ( BCA )
- Bachelor of Computer Science ( BSc )
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Master of Computer Application ( MCA )
- Master of Computer Science ( M Sc )
- Master of Library and Information Science ( MLIS )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications ( PGDCA )
- Post Gradute Diploma Jouranlism and Mass Communication
2. Management Programs :
- Bachelor of Bossiness Administration ( Tourism & Management, Hotel Management}
- Master of Business Administration (MBA )
- Discreate Element Method ( DEM )
- Dipolma in Store Management ( DSM )
- Diploma in Hotel Management ( DHM )
- Diploma in FInancial Management ( DFM )
- Dipolma Tax Management ( DTM )
4. Humanities & Traditional Programs :
- Bachelor of Arts ( BA )
- Bachelor of Commerce ( B Com )
- Master of Arts ( MA )
- Master of Commerce ( M Com )
- Master of Social Work ( MSW )
Allahabad Agricultural Institute Contact Details :
Sam Higgginbotom Institute of Agricuture,
Technologies & Sciences Formerly Allahabad Institute – Deemed Univesity,
Directorate of Distance Education,
Naini, Allahabad – 211 007,
Phones No. : ( 0532 ) 2684317
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.aaidudec.org.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.